Ch. 13: Bye Bye Daisy

(TW: This chapter contains themes of colorful language and physical fighting)

"Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Barnaby!" She waved to the dog as she left his dressing room.

"Bye Daisy! Say hi to your uncle for me!" He waved back.

Today was the last shift before their thanksgiving break. The studio would be shut down Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The entire cast was to join in on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on a special float just for them.

Before Daisy left to travel home she stopped by Wally's dressing room as a goodbye. In her hands she held a box wrapped in blue paper with a yellow bow. She was excited for her gift to him and hoped he would like it.

"Wally?" She lightly knocked on his door. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," He opened the door for her. "I'm getting ready to leave."

He walked inside his room and continued to gather his items.

"Same here, I wanted to stop by quickly to give you something." She placed the box on his dressing room table.

"Oh? Who's it from?" Wally approached the box looking for a tag, however there was none.

"It's from me." She scratched her head for a second. "You can open it."

"As if I was going to wait." He scoffed then rolled his eyes.

He dug his fingers around a weak point in the paper and began pulling it apart until he saw the lid to the box. He opened it up then moved the tissue paper to reveal a knitted scarf. It was patterned in bright red, blue and yellow. He gently took it out of the box examining its length.

"You never wear a scarf to work, and I don't know what I'd do without mine. The city is freezing." She explained.

His smile now gone, but his face filled with curiosity, "Did you make this?"

"Yeah, Poppy taught me how to knit one day on set so I decided to make you something."

Without saying a word Wally took the scarf and wrapped it sound his neck. It was thick and warm.

"Well, how does it look?" He placed his hands on his hips.

"Colorful," She smiled at him. "Do you like it?"

"It's alright." He winked at her then began putting his coat on.

"Alright, Mr. Darling, is there anything you need before I head out? I won't be back until Monday morning."

He raised his brow, "You won't be at the station with us to prepare for the float?"

"I'm heading south to see my family for Thanksgiving. It's a five hour train ride for me so unfortunately I can't make it. I'll be watching the parade on the tv though!" She reassured.

"Oh, alright." He gave a casual yet unreadable smile.

OoOoOoO

"Look look look,"

Daisy pointed to Wally's Instagram post. It was the parade float from thanksgiving and the entire cast of welcome home and himself. However in the photo he wore the scar handmade by Daisy and used the hashtag #ThanksDaisy within the picture.

She was beyond excited that he recognized her and was red as an apple looking at her phone.

"Daisy," Cindy began, "If you get any more excited you're going to pass out."

"He wore it though! He did! Did you see it?"

"Honey, I saw it just as much as you did," She smiled at her friend. "Speaking of all this, any progress?"