DNA

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

"Verity, your father committed suicide this morning at 9:43 A.M."

What. The. Fuck.

I was honestly happy, but shit that's messed up. I shouldn't be happy. I should be sad, and fucked up. I am fucked up.

In the head.

When I didn't say anything, Principal Addams continued.

"Sheriff Angelo here will take you to the station where you will get DNA tested so we can find out if you have any distant relatives who are willing to take you in. If you do not, you'll be sent into foster care. The lady, Ms. Lillian, she is from Child Protective Services. She is going to ask you some questions at the station, and you need to be honest with her. You will go to your house and pack your things, and leave to go to the station. And, Verity... I am sorry for your loss."

Holy fucking shit. Was this really happening? I pinched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream and- it wasn't. Fucking hell.

I have a cussing problem.

"Okay. Alright." I muttered. I got up and walked out, the officer and CPS worker following me. I grabbed my things from my locker and the officer led me to a car outside the school. I got in and we drove home, where I quickly packed a single bag full of clothes and necessities before we left to the station.

At the station, I got my blood pricked and was told the result would be back in about 6 hours. I was led to a small room with a desk and two chairs, like one of those interrogation rooms.

—.

"Verity, did your father ever show any signs of depression?"

"No."

"Has your father ever attempted to kill himself?"

"No."

"Have you ever had suicidal thoughts, Verity?"

I paused for a second, "No." The CPS worker who's name I already forgot scribbled something down in her notebook.

"Has your father ever laid his hands on you, or hurt you?"

"...no."

"Has he ever touched you inappropriately?"

Tears threatened to come up as I remembered night he took my innocence. I was 9. He continued to do it, whenever he felt like it. He even had his friends.. help him sometimes.

I sighed, "No."

After about an hour and a half of questioning, we were finally done. I waited on a couch in the sheriffs office for about 4 hours, texting Maxim, Andrei, and Alexei about everything.

Shrek Looking 💩s + Verity

Max The Troll🤡: I'm sorry, Verity, but I'm so happy he's gone. And, if you get put into the foster system, dad will gladly adopt you.

Andrei😒😱: Yea, plus if you do get taken in by a relative, we'll just kidnap you or something. Duh.

Verity: Lol. Love u guys.

Alex🤬🤡🦄: YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKING DRY, WHAT THE FUCK?! P.S., I love you too Verity, my favorite sibling.

Max The Troll🤡: WHAT ABOUT ME!?

Andrei😒😱: Let's face it, Verity is all our favorite.

Verity: I know, I'm just so amazing. I'll update you guys later, okay? I think the DNA results are coming back soon.

I shut off my phone as a man in hospital scrubs walked in the room, with a paper in his hand. He gave it to the sheriff, who nodded his head stiffly, glanced at me, and dialed a phone number from off the paper.

"Hello? Yes, is this Francesco Moretti? Yes, hi sir, this is Sheriff Lorenzo from the LA police department. I have some news for you. We have your daughter- yes daughter- Verity Johnson- we had a DNA test done, sir- she is very much alive, her foster father died this morning- I'm sorry sir, please calm down. We only just got the results back. We were wondering if you could take her in. Yes- sir, yes- okay, we will get the paperwork ready and send details. Yes, thank you. Goodbye now." He hung up the phone and looked at me.

"Good news, kid, we found your biological father. He will be taking you in, he'll be coming to pick you up from Italy. Usually the trip would be as long as 11 hours, but you hit the jackpot kid, he's rich so he will be taking a private jet here and will arrive in about 7 hours." (A/N: I know this is unrealistic, but idc cuz like wattpad logic or wtv)

My mouth was on the floor. Oh my god. I had a father, alive? He was taking me in? He's rich?!

What the fuck.

I didn't say anything, more so just stared at the sheriff in shock. He chuckled and told me to just wait until he comes to pick me up.

I shooted a quick text to the group chat with my brothers in it, telling them what happened, and my phone blew up with notifications. I didn't look at them, instead I turned my Do Not Disturb on and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over me.
__________________________________
Word count: 834

This is like, every other story I read that's like this, but whatever
Please vote and leave a kind comment if you would like to:)<3 bye lovelies!