Exhausted

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

Exhausted. - drained of one's physical or mental resources; very tired.

That's how I felt right now.

Exhausted.

I lay awake in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was almost 1:00 and nobody had come and bothered to get me from my room. I didn't want them to, anyway.

The only interaction I had all day was FaceTiming Maxim, where I talked to the rest of my family.

The only thing I ate was a plate of food that had been placed on my bedside table in the morning, which I assumed my birth-giver had sent one of the maids up with food as my breakfast.

I threw my blanket off of my body, still laying motionlessly on the bed as a tear rolled down my cheek subconsciously. I didn't even know what I was crying about, but I was too exhausted to care.

I sighed and finally rolled off my bed, my limbs slightly numb as I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washing my face and changing into comfortable clothes that weren't my pajamas — too exhausted to bother and take a shower.

I walked out of my room with the half-eaten plate of food, walking into the dining room where my biologicals all sat. All chatter and laughter ceased and they stared at me curiously. One of them said something, I assumed it was Enzo, but I was so exhausted that I tuned out what he said.

I put my dish in the sink, too exhausted to even place it in the dishwasher. My eyelids grew heavy and my breathing became shallow.

I looked towards my biologicals, who had concerned looks on their faces, their mouths moving but no words coming out as I heard a faint ringing noise in my ears.

My father.. no, no he's not my father, I can't call him that. My sperm donor stood up and walked towards me, waving his hand from my face and grabbing my shoulders, shaking me slightly.

Don't touch me! I wanted to scream. Get your hands off of me! I wanted to yell. But no words rolled off my tongue as my face blanked.

My legs felt more numb as I slowly collapsed on my knees, right there on the kitchen floor, the ringing growing louder and louder by the second whilst my eyes finally close shut and my head hits the cold floor.

I feel so exhausted.
__________________________________
Word Count: 411
Short ahh chapter but I'm almost done w the next one so don't yell at me pls😭‼️

ILY LOVWLIES STAY HYDRATED