ⱽᵒˡᵘᵐᵉ ¹, ᴾᵃʳᵗ ² - Early Years ft. Roxy

Julian POV (Kiyotaka)

Over the course of past few months, I have been sitting in the same cabin as before, watching over Rudeus as he tried to perfect his [Waterball] spell. 

"Reduce the weight a bit," I spoke as he conjured a water ball with a little speed on it. However, they didn't correlate evident from the instantaneous splash into the bucket. 

"AAAA, How the hell did you manage to do it first try?" Rudeus asked, his eyes fixed at me. 

"It was a fluke. I imagined it and then it formed in front of me." I replied, throwing my hands upward, trying to sound like a kid my age. Rudeus narrowed his eyes, seeming unconvinced. 

"Well, you can tell me how to do it, right?" He asked as I nodded my head. Rudeus was a genius who had a good grasp over what I taught him. However, I didn't tell him the whole process so his foundations would be concrete enough. Aside from mass and speed, I also added another aspect of width and spin which could add attack power to it making the simple spell an attack spell. 

"Hey Julian, why don't you do it again for me." He said and sat close to me, his eyes focused on me. 

"Sure." I replied and stood up. Balling my hand into fist and taking my index finger out, I condensed water on my fingertip. I had gotten used to imagining it as moisture condensing and forming a water ball but practicing it again and again made me able to conjure it by just imagining the size and speed of it. Rudeus' eyes lit up as he saw the small ball of water inflate and become bigger and bigger in size. Another streak of water conjured from the bucked and started to swirl around it. 

"Woah." Rudeus remarked as he stood up. 

"I will do it this time." He said with conviction as he placed his hand forward. I placed my own hand on his arm, "Don't complicate your thought process. Keep it simple." I advised as he closed his eyes and then opened them again. 

"Water ball." He spoke the spell name out loud this time instead of chanting the whole thing. The Water ball formed in the epicenter of his palm. 

"Retain its form. Don't release it yet." I said as he nodded his head and I pulled him backwards, increasing the distance between him and the bucket. 

"Can you shoot it into the bucket this time?" I asked as he shook his head. 

"The opening of the bucket and its position is too weird for me to shoot it in." He replied. 

"Yes. Add a little downward spin to it." I said and his brows furrowed together in concentration as he copied me, adding swirls of water to it that flowed from top to bottom. 

"Now, imagine throwing a tangible object. Dunk it in." I said as he nodded once again and pushed it. The water ball shot forward from his palm and went towards the bucket. It seemed like it would strike the wall but it bent down, going straight into the bucket. 

Rudeus was bouncing up and down like a pogo stick, practically vibrating with excitement. He flung his arm around my neck, pulling me into a one-armed headlock. "Yayy, I did it, I did it!" he crowed.

I tried to wriggle out of his grasp and Rudeus released me and pointed to a nearby tree, where a squirrel was doing acrobatics on a branch. "Did you see that? Your big brother is amazing, isn't he? I actually dunked it."

"We're twins, Rudeus. You're not that much bigger than me." I replied, my voice monotone. 

Rudeus just grinned wider, like a crocodile who's just spotted dinner. "But Mom popped me out first, hehe."

I shook my head. "That's not how it works."

Rudeus just shrugged. "Whatever, dude. I'm still amazing." He pumped his fists in the air.