☆ 𝟑

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

Waking up to the smell of pancakes, fruits and maple syrup is something Yuri hasn't woken up to in a long time so it really does feel nice.

The first thing she does when she wakes up is to take her meds. Without her meds, it can cause fatigue, swelling on the legs and abdomen, and shortness of breath. She pulled out the drawer and took her medication.

Only 4 days of medication left before buying a new one.

It was 8am so she went and got ready for school. Brushing her teeth and showering. Then going back to her room.

She took her uniform out of her drawer. She looked beautiful in the school uniform, a grey skirt, white top and a black jacket along with a necklace that her mom gave to her before she died, there isn't a day it isn't on her neck.

She also put on some long white socks.

After she was done, she went downstairs excited to see what her dad prepared. She took a glance at the table and sat down quickly,

"Wow dad, I've never seen you do this in so long. What's going on?" she spoke while placing a pancake on her plate.

"Can't a dad do something good for his kids for once?" her dad replied back.

Her dad sat down with her and placed a pancake on his plate as-well. "Where's your brother?" he said

He walked out to the dining room after dad said that and sat down. "Wow dad, what's going on?"

"Nothing! Cant a dad do something good for their kids? Why do you both keep asking that." he angrily said.

There was a silence at the table and they all just ate their food.

"By the way, I'll be staying at the library today so don't worry about me." Yuri said breaking the silence.

"What, why? Why don't you just study at home. Something might happen to you." her dad worriedly said.

"I have a project that's worth 50% of my grade and I'm not failing it. I'm also paired with Hyunjin so he said he will find me if I miss even a day of school."

"Oh gosh him? Seriously? He's the one that literally broke you and you're old friends friendship." her brother replied.

"I mean, she was toxic so I don't really care. And the past is the past."

"Yea, she can't really choose who she wants to be with anyways so be nice Seungmin."

"You're always on her side ever since she was born
then mum died..." he mumbled to himself.

They finished eating and went off to school.

"Hey, Yuri! Why do you look so sleepy?" Felix jumped in front of her and asked.

"Gosh... you scared me Felix. I was watching kdrama all night until 4am..." she replied tirelessly.

"Oh no, sleep more early okay? You have school stupid."

"Yea, okay. Like you sleep earlier." she chuckled.

"Shut up."

They both walk to class while Yuri keeps talking about the kdrama she was watching.

"Were you watching True Beauty?" Felix asked,

"Duh!!! What do you think!"

They arrive at the same class, again. But now, not sitting next to each other. Yuri sat down next to Hyunjin and Felix just sat at the same place, next to Jacey.

Yuri took out a book and started to read as Hyunjin hasn't arrived yet. She just read until class started.

She's reading the book November 9. She has always dreamt of a love story like the book, she loved the way how they met up every November 9 of the year. Only thing is that she had to care about the time cause' she's not allowed to live for a very long time like other people due to her heart disease.

Suddenly, she heard the chair next to her pull out. Looking to her right, she saw that Hyunjin finally arrived.

Hyunjin placed his hand on Yuri's hair, "Hey sleepyhead."

"Out of every nickname in the world, you choose sleepyhead? Seriously?"

"Calm down, it's cute." he laughed silently.

She pushed his hand off her hair and flicked his forehead. "Do you know how long it took to do my hair?" she asked in a angry tone.

"Oh gosh, I think I'm looking at a ghost right now." he said amused as he watches her tuck her hair behind her ear perfectly as it was before.

He took out his science book and a pencil from his bag and opened up the book. Yuri just stared with a question going through her head.

"Hyunjin, are we friends?"

"Hmm, are we, stupid?"

Hyunjin said teasing her. Then turning to the whiteboard and smiling. Of course, Yuri didn't see him smiling cause' she was putting her book back in her bag.

Now that's the start of a friendship you'll see rarely.

"Come meet me at the library after school."