final thoughts - afterword

This anthology was fun to write and I'm happy, I was able to finish it. Not even thinking about giving up. Thank you for music for giving me inspiration.

The reason I'm making this is to explain why I was trying to explore here. You're still free to interpret it anyway you want. I even encourage it. But that doesn't mean I can't explain what I was thinking about when writing this.

Overall, I wanted to explore our relationship with our emotions. A lot of us, really separate ourselves from them. Even though are emotions are us, we are our emotions. That is why I titled this, 'I am you, you are me' just further symbolized this relationship. It can be healthy or toxic just like any other. But it's up to on how we maintain it. Even if it gets tough at times.

I don't know about anyone else. But I was taught to suppress my emotions all my life. That I needed to toughen up. I still struggle to reach out or ask for help cause of this. It's really been frustrating to not be able to avoid what I feel these past years. I couldn't mask it anymore. So I write them out. Even if I'm not really writing about myself.

I like to explore different topics and just grow as well with my poetry.  Even if it's just topics I don't want to discuss about. I find it therapeutic.

I hope you felt something as you read each poem. Just know that no matter how hard it's okay to not feel okay. I'm not one for toxic positivity, I won't spew how you should feel happy. I get tired of hearing there's no reason for you to be [insert negative emotion].

At the end of the day, I think it's better to feel something than nothing. Becoming numb and empty is exhausting.

To end this off, I'm so happy if you read this far. Remember there's many unhealthy ways to express yourself. As well healthy ones too. But don't let it hurt others. There's nothing wrong with needing alone time. Don't let that one time ruin your happiness. Cause they don't owe you forgiveness at the end of day.

- Zaquira.L.C. ( someone who is still trying to be at peace with themselves.)