CHAPTER 15

The bar was pretty easy to find. It was a popular hangout spot for younglings in Iacon, though that also meant it was a prime spot for shady dealings around the back of the building. It wasn't a seedy place by any means – it was its own building, strategically built along a busy road instead of a lone storefront on a secluded alley. It was just a place with lots of bots where safe deals could happen, even if they were illegal ones. It also meant that, inside, it was loud. Bumblebee was sure his enhanced hearing would short-circuit just being near it. The smell of High-grade was strong around this time as well, and the small bot could see drunk bots stumbling outside or standing around on the sidewalk.

Bumblebee was waiting about a block away from the bar, exchanging messages with Ironhide and Starscream, as well as checking in with Arcee and gaining the occasional picture and caption from Hot Rod. He didn't have to wait long for his friends to arrive. He saw Ironhide pull up and transform, while Starscream zoomed overhead and landed with a dramatic flourish. At least someone still had their flare. The smallest bot padded across the street to greet them, to which they looked over at him.

"Hey, Bee! For a klick I thought you backed out." Ironhide said.

"Backing out of an offer for drinks?" Bumblebee scoffed and rolled his optics, "Never."

"Well, let's go inside!" Starscream said, clearly excited, "I've been waiting all day for this!"

The other two laughed at the flier's enthusiasm. They all padded up to the doors and went inside.

Bumblebee was correct to assume that his audials would short-circuit, and it only took a step inside for it to happen. It was loud inside, somehow more than Maccadam's. The yellow bot disabled his audio-receptors so he wouldn't have to deal with constant loudness. He'd just have to rely on derma-reading. Ironhide quickly got them seated at a booth in a corner. There weren't many bots there, to which Bumblebee was grateful.

"Wow, tonight's busy." Starscream spoke, "I know it's normally like this, but... Primus."

"Yeah." Ironhide said, "If it's too loud, we can try findin' another place."

Bumblebee shook his helm at that. He wasn't fond of bar-hopping in the first place, but if here was busy, then other places in Iacon would be as well. Starscream must've read his mind, as he reiterated what he felt.

"I'm not inclined to bar-hopping, and going out of the city isn't an option to me." He said.

"All right, then. Jus' tell me if you guys wanna leave early." Ironhide said.

The trio went on to order drinks. Ironhide got simple Energon ("to be responsible," he claimed), Starscream got some sort of red Vosian drink, and Bumblebee got his usual High-grade with lots of sugar additives.

They talked about whatever came to mind, not really bothered by any stares or whispers that began to circulate. Bumblebee tried to ignore it, but when he could see them talking but not hear it, it made him anxious. He did his best to take discrete deep invents and exvents, but, of course, Starscream seemed to notice.

::Are you okay?::

The flier still spoke casually with Ironhide. Bumblebee did his best to pay attention to what they said as he constructed a reply.

::Fine. Just need a break::

::Go ahead, then. I'll tell Ironhide::

Bumblebee nodded as thanks, downed the rest of his drink, and left the booth. He made a beeline for the doors, quickly getting outside. As soon as he felt the faint wind against his frame, he immediately calmed down. He booted his audio-receptors up and padded over to the wall, leaning against it and shuddering his optics. The sound of the bar was still pretty loud (especially whenever someone opened the door), but it still allowed him to calm down.