-3-

Kai cracked the eggs open into a bowl to supposedly help out Taehyun but ended up having to turn to the older anyway since he had dropped a few bits of eggshell.

"Hmm" Taehyun hummed sarcastically.

"Sorry..." Kai apologised cutely.

"It's okay. Take the plates to the table." Taehyun said as picked out the shells. He had to admit, he was kinda weak when it came to Kai acting cute.

Huening complied and Taehyun continued making fried eggs.

After he was done, he joined hyuka on the table, placing the eggs on the plates.

Wordlessly, the two started eating, ignoring the very obvious talk that both of them wanted to talk about.

"Ahem, so anything happen today? At school, I mean" Taehyun broke the ice.

"Not really. Oh well, there's this new girl. She stole your seat though" He replied timidly.

"Oh. That's fine. Was she pretty?"

Kai didn't want to answer his question. She was definitely pretty but he didn't wanna let Taehyun know that.

"W-well. Sorta? I don't know..." Seeing Huening Kai stammer at the question strangely irked Taehyun. It's not like he was one to interfere with his love life but still, it had been only about two weeks since the supposed confession. Had he moved on that fast? Or did he never like him in the first place and only said so to screw with Taehyun?

"Tae, you okay?"

Kai's question snapped him back as he realised how hard he was gripping his chopsticks.

"Y-yeah, I spaced out"

"Oh- okay. By the way, the teacher's not gonna be happy about ur absence, you know. You took a whole week off before this"

"Yeah, but I had a good reason" Taehyun had only realised what he said after he said it and his eyes widened immediately.

"N-no, I mean-"
"It's okay I get it...I mean me? With you? Come on...haha...ha" Kai laughed sheepishly but no matter how hard he tried to hide his disappointment, he knew Taehyun would catch on.

"I'm...sorry" Taehyun apologised.

"It's fine...but can we please still be friends? I'll keep my distance, if you want but I don't want to lose you..." Kai croaked out. He hadn't expected the mood to fall so fast.

"Of course. You're my best friend." Taehyun smiled slightly.

*Ding dong*

'WHAT TIMING!'
The two thought in unison as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Taehyun stated as walked over to the door and opened it.

He was face to face with a girl. A girl that Kai didn't want to introduce him to. Yuna.

"Can I help you?" He asked flatly. Yes, Yuna was indeed pretty but she just wasn't his type.

"Uhm, a-are you Kang Taehyun?" Yuna asked, stuttering slightly due to his rather intimidating gaze or rather glare.

"Yuna?" Huening Kai jumped up at the familiar sound.

"Oh? Kai? I didn't know you were here...I thought you went home!" Yuna asked, both surprised and delighted at the sight of him.

"You know each other?" Taehyuna sked, slightly annoyed by how excited the two seemed to see each other.

"She's the new girl I told you about!" Kai grinned at Taehyun.

But Taehyun frowned, irritated at how Kai remained blissfully unaware of how the girl blushed at the fact that he had mentioned her.

"Well, that's great so, you two can hit it off outside my house, right?" Taehyun asked in a rude tone.

Kai flinched ever so slightly at that.

"Uhm, actually the teacher asked me to convey that we have the next week off, because the club tournaments will be held soon." Yuna stated.

"Okay" Taehyun stated as he glared at the girl.

"W-well, nice to meet you, uhm. I'll be going now." Yuna took her leave and Taehyun slammed the door.

"Tae, is everything alright?" Kai asked, concerned.

"Everything is absolutely wonderful" The reply came.

Taehyun took him empty plate to the kitchen and hueningkai followed suit.

"As if I'll buy that. What's wrong?" Kai asked again

"I'm fine! Why don't you go show your concern to that Yuna girl or whatever since you two are so close now."
Taehyun shouted slightly, not being able to keep it in.

"What? That's what this is about? Yuna?" Kai asked, surprised.

"No, it's not! Ugh!" Taehyun grunted in frustration. Really, he didn't know why was suddenly so angry. He was always skeptical when Kai had girlfriends to make sure he didn't get hurt but it seemed slightly different this time.

"I get that she's pretty and you'd be mad that someone like me is hanging out with her but really? You're gonna be angry at me for that?"

"What? I'm not angry at you!"

"Then who're you angry at? Yuna? Hmm?" Kai asked confused.

"Yes!" Taehyun finally blurted out.

"...what?" Yes, Kai was the one who asked him but he didn't think that was actually gonna be the case.

"You were so excited to see eachother and she kept blushing when talking to you so obviously I'm angry!"

"You said you liked me!" Taehyun turned to face Kai with a frustrated expression.

It was completely silent for a few seconds.

"Are you... jealous?" Kai said finally, unable to suppress the smile that was tugging on the corner of his lips.

"No! It's just-"
"Just what?"

"You said you liked me and now you're already going off someone with someone else?" Taehyun retorted angrily. Him? Jealous of Yuna? No, he was just sad that his friend's morals were this low! Yeah!

"I'm not going off with anyone else" Kai said calmly as a small smile was plastered on his faced as walked towards Taehyun who was already against the wall.

He leaned down, bringing their faces closer with only a few inches between them.

"You're the only one I like. I don't want anyone else." He said, eyeing Taehyun's lips, dejected at the fact that he could never be the one to kiss them.