comforting her (requested)

"Baby?" You called out as you stepped onto the set of the new scream film. "Melissa?"

Suddenly, your girlfriend was throwing her arms around you as she hugged you tightly.

You felt her relax against you a little as you put your arms around her to hold her close.

Her breath fanned against your shoulder as she laid her head there, finding some comfort in your arms.

Jenna contacted you a few minutes ago, saying that something wasn't quite right with Melissa.

You, of course, hurried down here as fast as you could so you could be with her and figure out what was wrong since she wasn't really opening up to anyone else about it.

"Come on, let's go to your dressing room." You said and led her to her dressing room, the cast following.

They were surprised to see you being so affectionate and open to physical touch as one thing Melissa told them about before you first met them a few months back was that you tend to freeze up when it comes to physical touch such as hugs.

It usually makes you feel uncomfortable and, thankfully, Melissa and the cast have been extremely understanding about that.

But today, as you and Melissa sat down on the couch in her dressing room, you didn't shy away from hugging at all.

"I think the hate is overwhelming her," Jenna said from the doorway.

Your heart broke as tears began to fall down Melissa's cheeks.

She was feeling overwhelmed, extremely overwhelmed.

She usually doesn't let the negativity get to her but lately, it's just been too much and she can't seem to hold back how much it's hurting her.

And being her safe place, she found comfort in crying in your embrace.

"It's okay, baby." You said as you rubbed her back comfortingly. "Thank you for calling me." You told Jenna, who quickly nodded her head in response.

You looked at the other cast members, who seemed to be looking at you quite surprised.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's just that we know you don't like physical touch that much and it's really sweet that you're comforting her like this." Jasmin said.

"Well, she's my girl and she needs me." You said as you stared down at Melissa adoringly.

Running your fingers across her back gently, you listened to her cry, though she wasn't sobbing as hard as she once had been.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for her."

The cast smiled at the sight.

It was comforting for them to know that their friend was in such good hands with you, the love of her life.

Because of you, Melissa is happier than she's ever been, and it's evident to them all just how happy you make her.

Even in moments like these, though she might be crying, they feel happy knowing that she's where she finds the most comfort.

Because as well as they get along and as close as Melissa is with the cast, they can't bring her as much comfort as you do.

And seeing you let your walls down and seeing you comfort Melissa so much warmed their hearts, making them feel a lot better about the situation.

"Is the hate bothering you, my love?" You asked Melissa, watching as she nodded her head.

She pulled away, wiping the tears from her eyes as she apologized to you for crying so much.

"Don't apologize. It's what I'm here for."

Not many more tears fell from her eyes after that but as she put her head back on your shoulder, you still didn't shy away from her touch.

You continued to hold and comfort her, making Melissa feel much better.

"Thank you." She said as she looked into your eyes. "I know that hugs can be a lot for you sometimes."

"But you know that I don't mind when it comes to you, especially in times like these." You said as you continued to brush your fingers across her back. "I just want you to feel better. I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled at you before grabbing your hand and taking it into hers.

She brought it to her lips as the cast walked away, giving you two some space and time alone.

Melissa put her head back on your shoulder as the feeling of happiness and contentedness overpowered the sadness she once felt.

She knew that she was safe to confide in you whenever she needed but for now, all she wanted was for you to hold onto her.

It makes her feel warm and safe and you'd never understand how much that meant to her, especially knowing that you were very particular about physical touch.

And it only made her love you more.