you're good at playing the piano (requested)

"Y/N, honey? I'm home!" Melissa called out as she walked through the door.

A yawn escaped her lips as she put her things down and started to look around for you.

It had been a long day and Melissa wanted nothing more than to just hold you in her arms.

She called out for you as she took a couple of the stairs, only to freeze when she heard something coming from one of the rooms upstairs.

It was a beautiful sound; the sound of a piano.

For a second, she wondered if it was coming from a video on YouTube or social media.

But as she climbed the rest of the stairs and followed the sound down the hall, she noticed that it was coming from the spare bedroom across from your' and Melissa's room.

She saw you sitting in front of a beautiful grand piano.

Your fingers moved skillfully across the keys as you played a song you had memorized.

This is the very first time Melissa has heard you play.

She knows you must've gotten it today because when she left for work this morning you didn't have it.

She tiptoed into the room, smiling to herself as she stepped closer and closer to you to see that you were lost in the music.

Your eyes were closed but you were playing it so beautifully.

You knew where every key was by heart so you allowed yourself to be completely swept away as you played.

Melissa gently placed her hand on your shoulder, causing you to jump.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare or interrupt you." She said as she stood behind you, gently kissing your shoulder.

"It's okay."

"You never told me you could play piano." She said as she sat down beside you.

"I haven't played in a while. I've been saving up for a long while to be able to afford this and it arrived a few hours ago. I've been playing ever since." You replied.

"You're very good, baby. I love hearing you play." She spoke as she leaned her head on your shoulder. "Can you play some more? For me?"

You smiled and kissed her head lovingly before nodding.

You cleared your throat before you started to play a different song.

Melissa recognized the melody as one of her favorite songs; one full of love.

She hummed along quietly as you continued to play and your heart skipped a beat.

It was another way for you to spend time together and connect.

And you both hoped to make this an everyday thing because it brought you both so much happiness.