close your eyes and breathe

Sleep was nice, Tommy decided. Even if he didn't really need it, it was good to just let go and relax. Well it would be if these three idiots would stop whispering above him.

He couldn't really hear what they were saying, just mumbled words that sound much more like gibberish than English. And that's saying something, considering he speaks literally every language known to man.

Just as he's about to drift off again a loud knock resonates from the door, cutting off the other's conversation. Opening his eyes he sits up quickly, ignoring the soft protests of his proxies.

With a flick of his hand the door slams open, leaving a bewildered schlatt, and dream in its wake. They quickly straighten up and dream clears his throat.

"Forgive me for interrupting your grace, but lord Ranboo, and Tubbo request your presence." He says nervously, continuing to look at the floor.

Tommy tilts his head in confusion before gasping quietly and closing his eyes.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you." He says softly, before standing up and dusting his clothes off.

Dream just bowed his head lower and turned around walking back towards the ball room, Schlatt following close behind.

Sighing softly, Tommy stands up and dusts his clothes off. He turns and glances at the three. Who still stay laid in the soft mound of pillows and blankets.

"You three can stay here if you'd like." He says softly, "I know you aren't too fond of these things. I will be back shortly- until then, why don't you guys hand around the other proxies? You need to meet more mortals- bond with them you know?"

Wilbur groans and flops back down, spreading out and hitting Phil and techno with his hands. "I would rather eat my guitar." He mumbles bitterly.

Tommy just shakes his head with a snort, before turning away. He waves his hand and the door closes heavily behind him.

The three men lay back onto the soft palettes of blankets. they're quiet for a moment, before Phil speaks.

"I've been wondering about something." He mentions, in a numb sort of tone.

He gets a hum in response.

"How do gods become you know- gods? Are they just created that way?" He inquires thoughtfully.

Wilbur burrows his eyebrows and turns his head to the other.

"That actually is a good question. I've been wondering about that too, and everytime I ask Tommy he just laughs!" Wilbur said, his lips slowly forming into a pout.

Techno hums,"knowin' Tommy, it's probably somethin' dumb." He mumbled as he closed his eyes.

It's quiet for a bit, none of them wanting to break the peacefulness of it. Either resting or stuck in their thoughts.

'Becoming a god, what a silly thought' Phil thinks finally closing eyes.
—--------

Servants and priests stop their tasks and bow as he walks by them, they're easily dismissed. Schlatt and dream follow closely behind, eyes on the ground in respect.

Tommy glances briefly at them, dreams hands clenched tightly in each other.

"I would like to apologize for earlier. You all shouldn't have had to witness that." Tommy spoke softly.

The two men's heads shoot up in surprise, words tumbling out of them. 'There's no need for that, my grace.' And 'it's alright, please don't apologize!'

Honestly, it's weird seeing proxies scared of him. He's so used to his owns sarcastic and playful nature.