1. Asset Protection

-Neymar POV-

'Billionaire Spencer Blanc to acquire Paris Saint Germain after a year-long bidding war. Blanc is known for his interests in the sporting industry and has had his sights set on PSG since 2017 according to sources close to the businessman. The team has not had a new owner since 2011 when it was purchased by Qatar Sports Investments. Blanc cited hopes of bringing the team out of its prior investor's umbrella and transforming the PSG brand into one that uniquely stands alone. The acquisition was formally announced at the glamorous PSG gala hosted by Blanc and his wife at the stunning Ritz Carlton Hotel in Paris. The entire team was in attendance including the newest PSG star, Leo Messi, and his wife Antonella. Shockingly, PSG's favorite bachelor, Neymar Jr. pulled up solo, leaving fans wondering if he's single.'

I grabbed the remote and clicked off the TV in my bedroom once I had gotten myself groomed for the day. The Parisian news had been covering the PSG acquisition for months now. A billion-dollar acquisition definitely deserved headlines, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out Spencer Blanc was paying for the majority of this media coverage. Based on the briefings my teammates and I were getting over the last year, it seemed like many people had doubts about Spencer Blanc's intentions with the team. He was the sporting industry's own Elon Musk: ambitious but driven by impulse. He was no more than a few years older than me, and he'd made billions in tech. Though after selling his own startup, it seemed like he was looking for ways to cure his boredom. His latest attempt was buying Paris Saint Germain.

The acquisition was turning our team schedule upside down. Our training was canceled this afternoon as a result. I had finished workouts with my own trainer this morning, but I was told that my presence was requested at Spencer Blanc's home for lunch. The invitation was ominous, and I really wasn't sure what to expect. This acquisition seemed to be a much bigger deal to the PSG owners than to the players. We were assured our contracts would remain intact, which was all we cared about.

I drove to the meeting in my brand-new Range Rover. The address took me not too far from where I lived, into another affluent neighborhood with gated estates. I pulled up to the gate, and the security buzzed me through. I continued up the long driveway to a massive mansion. It was the epitome of old money, from the architecture to the staff waiting for my arrival outside. My car was valeted, and I was led directly inside to an open foyer. "Welcome, Mr. Santos. Mr. Blanc is waiting for you on the terrace with a spread for lunch. Should anything else interest you during your visit, please let me know," the butler said to me.

I thanked the man and followed the direction of his hand, gesturing me to walk through the living room straight to the open glass doors leading to the backyard. I saw Mr. Blanc sitting at a long dining table, taking a phone call. Once he saw me, he quickly ended his call and gave me a polite smile. He stood up and buttoned his black suit jacket before extending his hand to me. "Welcome, Neymar. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said.

"Likewise, Mr. Blanc," I returned his handshake. He had fair skin but dark brown hair to contrast it. His hair was short and freshly cut and balanced the scruffy look of his facial hair. He struck me as one of those guys who got a fresh line up every few days. His suits were always tailored, probably custom. He almost looked like Edgar Ramirez.

"Please call me Spencer," he corrected. I nodded at his friendliness. "Sit," he offered. I obliged and took a seat at the table, and he sat back down. It was then that I noticed the spread of food, including some of my favorite Brazilian dishes. "I had our chef select a special menu. I wanted to let you have a feel of home here in Paris. You'll have to let me know how well she did. She's an amazing cook, but I'm sure nothing compares to the source, right," he chuckled.

"Thank you, wow. Some of these dishes I haven't had since I last visited my grandmother in Santos last year," I said, helping myself to some food. I took a bite and was instantly transported back home. "Don't tell anyone, but this is better than my grandmother's! You'll have to tell your chef she did amazingly. This is incredible," I raved.