3. Starboy

-Neymar POV-

Today was the day. PSG v. Bayern. A Champions League match-up that had football fans buzzing around the world. The streets were crawling with fans dressed in our blue jerseys. The tinted windows on my Range Rover filtered the bright camera flashes that awaited me as I turned into the stadium entrance. Reporters from ESPN, Telemundo, BEIN Sports and more held their mics up to my car hoping I'd roll down my window and give them a sound bite but I declined.

I grabbed my bag from the backseat and made my way inside, waving at our media team who were recording player entrances. I listened to music to get me in the zone. I'd spent the day yesterday FaceTiming with family and friends and they all wished me luck for today. My son was rooting for me from Santos and I had to deliver.

My locker was stocked and ready for the game. It still felt surreal to see a #10 jersey with my name on it. It was a dream come true to play in Europe and playing for a club like Paris was so gratifying. I changed my clothes into my training kit and headed to the pitch for pregame drills with the rest of my teammates.

"Let's see that 3-2 prediction come to life today, Ney," Messi nudged me as we jogged side by side.

"We got this," I assured him. Messi and I on the pitch were magic. He was on my dream team. His talent inspired me so much at Barcelona and to play with him here meant a lot to me. Even though the media painted his transfer as a threat to my spotlight, it was far from the truth. They claimed I would leave the club in search of my own recognition. In reality, he made PSG even more worthwhile for me.

After we loosened up our legs, we did some dribbling and keep ups. My ball control was at its best it had ever been and my training had paid off. I felt like I was in the best form I'd been in years. I was finally loving the game again after a season of injuries last year.

The stadium was filling fast and it was set to be a packed house. I waved at a few fans screaming my name. They were eager for the game to start and so was I. We were called back to the locker rooms to change into our game kits and lined up in the tunnel. Bayern's line up was full of great players and I greeted the ones I knew.

"I'm expecting a good game today, bro," Coutinho said to me. We played together on the Brazilian national team and he was one hell of a midfielder.

"It'll be a good game for one of us," I teased smugly.

"Now that's the kind of sportsmanship I'm paying for," I heard Spencer's voice say from behind me. I turned around and found a second surprise: Carmen standing beside him. She was dressed down for the first time ever. She wore loose fitted low rise jeans and a white fitted tank top. She had a PSG crew neck sweater tied around her shoulders and a blue dad hat over her medium length hair. She had her Dior handbag hooked on her elbow and gold bracelets on her wrist. The last thing I noticed when she crossed her arms was her bare ring finger on her left hand.

I met eyes with her only briefly before she looked away but I could feel her gaze on me when I turned my attention to her husband. Spencer offered me a handshake and I accepted it cautiously. "Good to see you, star boy," he said to me.

"Spencer, I had no idea you'd be coming today," I lied.

"Of course I had to make time to see my team in action," he said. "Fortunately, my lovely wife agreed to join me," he smiled at her.

"As though you would've taken no for an answer," she said to him cheekily.

"Fair enough," he chuckled. "Anyways, I wanted to wish you boys good luck! I'll be up in the owners box watching. No pressure," he said, smiling and wiggling his eyebrows at us. Master of the art of the pep talk.