CHAPTER FOUR

-2 months later-

As I walked down the store aisle, the pregnancy tests caught my eye. I walked over too it and grabbed one.

"It wouldn't hurt to test myself" I whispered to myself. I put the test in my cart and went on my way

When I got home, I put all my groceries in the fridge, and I found myself holding the test. I put it on the counter and finished putting things away. When I got done, I went into the bathroom. Then I opened the package, pulled the test out, and sat on the toilet, pulling my pants down.

Then I put the test under myself and peed. When I got done, I looked at the test. It was still loading, so I put it on the sink counter and finished with my business.

As I finished washing my hands, I peered at the test. Two lines. Two fucking, positive lines. My eyes teared up. And i pulled out my phone, and dialed lai'me's number.

- ~ + ~ -

Lai'me's P.O.V.

As I was reading a book, I smelled a vibration from my desk. I grabbed the phone and saw that it was sa'vip. I answered her call.

"This is Goddex Lai'me," I said into the phone. I heard crying from the other side.

"I-, there was two lines" sa'vip whimpered.

"What two lines?" I asked.

"On the test. Two lines" sa'vip replied. My heart sank. The one thing, the one thing i avoided, was having a child. The one. Fucking. Thing.

"Hmm.. where are you?" I said.

"In my bathroom," sa'vip said.

"Okay, stay there," I said before I hung up

I knocked on her door. I smelled that she didn't move, so I unlocked the door for her. After I barged in, I walked over to her bathroom and hugged her

"How did you get in?" she asked.

"I can do many things, and pick-locking a door is pretty easy," I said, guiding her to her couch.

"What are we gonna do? I can't raise a child!" she moaned in mental pain as she sat down.

"We will figure it out, but first, you need to calm down a bit," I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"How can I be calm!? How!?" she yelled, moving out of my arms, and across the couch

"We don't even know if it's yours! I just- I just liked you, and out of all people, I thought you could handle it!" she continued.

"I can, and for one thing, I know that baby is mine. For sure. Two, we can handle a baby, i have cared for lots of children in my lifetime" I said, trying to calm her

"It's... yours..?" she said, in disbelief. I turned away from her and thought. First off, she cannot get an abortion. Other gods have tried to get one, and even the weakest of gods have failed to kill the child. Second off, Sa'vip cannot raise a child. Her soul smells of whoreish things and alcohol, and raising a child would be a disaster. So, I came up with an idea. What if we sent the child away? I could easily have someone adopt the child. Yes. I will ask her. I looked toward sa'vip, facing her. She was bawling, and I knew she didn't want the child as well.

"Hey, sa'vip? I have a solution" I said, smoothly. She looked at me, with a small hope in her soul.

"What is it?" she whimpered.

"We can put the child up for adoption. Not in Sh'la'ma'ka, but in another place, across the globe" I said, and as I finished, her soul relaxed a bit. She nodded, and scooched toward me, practically lying on me. I hugged her, and we lay there for a bit.