CHAPTER SIX

As I woke up, I realized that it was not a dream. Also, I could smell shit now. Like, literally, shit. And then I smelled my dad's scent near the bathroom. Like on the toilet. And him shitting. I hate this dream. If it is one. I sat up, and then I realized I also smelled burning butter. And eggs. Downstairs.

"How in all 7 hells am I smelling this, when everything is so far?" I whispered to myself. I got up, stretched, opened my door, (that smelled like pine), and walked downstairs, to see Mom, as I smelled, cooking eggs. I sat down at the chair and looked at the white-looking blob in her hand, I figured was a frying pan.

"Good morning lug," Mother said. I tried not to smell too hard, because I could smell her heart beating and her damn insides working. It was disturbing, and I tried to keep a straight, morning face.

"Good morning, Mother" I replied. Mom then scraped the eggs she was cooking on a glass plate on the counter and then cracked two more eggs in the frying pan.

"I didn't see you after I sent you to get eggs. Are you feeling okay?" Mom said, worryingly.

"Yeah, I just wanted to get back to that spooderhuman book you got me," I said, smiling at the thought of the book.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you get?" Mom said, now reassured that I was okay.

"Oh, I found this new soda that the store brought in. It was in a foreign language, but it had strawberries on it so I got it," I said.

"You and your strawberries... oh! Your eggs are done" Mom said, sliding my eggs onto a plate and putting it on a table, I went to then grab a fork. I heard (and smelled) Dad come down the stairs.

"Oh morning my beautiful woman, oh and, can you add a glass of prune juice with those eggs? I had taco bell again last night" my dad said, sitting at the table. I then as I went to sit down, my mom replied:

"Get your own damn juice, if you are gonna talk of such things at the table," Mom said, smiling

"Damn it, that never works," Dad said, eyeing my eggs. I replied with me hunching over my plate a little more.

"Hey lug, how's your morning? Sorry, I didn't see you yesterday, work called in and I got home at 8" Dad said.

"Oh I'm doing fine," I said, as mom was walking over with Dad's and her plate. Then Dad got up to get his juice. I looked at the time.

"Oh shit! I gotta go to school! Dad, have my eggs" I said, sliding an empty plate over to him.

"You are my kid" he just replied, sighing. I then ran upstairs and threw on what I laid out last night (thankfully, I cannot see colors now) and grabbed my bag, sprinted downstairs, slid into my shoes, and ran out the door. As I ran downstairs, out the door, and at the end of the block to the bus stop, I could smell what I could only guess was my best friend Alva. and I'll explain her from memory: mixed skin, (but could be considered white) dead-looking colored hair, which she kept short, just above her shoulders, and she hated putting it up. She had chocolate eyes and an 80's grudge style. What she was wearing today, (I can only explain the cloth, not the colors) she had a T-shirt, with a plastic smell on it. She had a shirt tied to her waist (she usually wears flannels around her waist) and some ripped jeans that had fishnets underneath.

"Hey, hey, hey! Dab me up my guy" she said, holding out her hand. I returned her dab, and then I started speaking softly like I was passing gossip.

"Bro, I drank this weird fucking drink and I can smell EVERYTHING, and I only see in weird colors now," I said, slight worry in my eye.

"Bro, what was in there? You need to get drug tested?" Alva said,

"Idk, I have never heard of a drug like this before, I am kinda scared it'll show. I don't feel high or anything like that" I said.

"Do you still have the bottle?" she asked

"No, my dad probs took out the trash last night," I said, sighing

"Well damn, let's wait this one out. I'll keep an eye on you" she said, before the bus pulled up. We got on the bus, on our way to school