✧ chapter 13 ✧

word count: 1866 words

"for me though, i was his girlfriend back in middle school~"

g-girlfriend? wait, what??

"oh, you were?"

"well yes. we broke up after he moved from our school. but i guess it can't be a coincidence that we meet again here, yes?"

nishimiya said those words with a twinkle in her eyes. you tried to look as neutral as possible while trying to push away any jealous feelings in your heart.

"umm, yea. i suppose."

"who knows, he might even still have feelings for me!!"

nishimiya now probably looked like a fangirl who just met their idol crush or something. you forced a smile on your face but you knew deep down your heart was breaking into pieces.

he had a girlfriend? does he still like her? then what was all that for? why would i even like him? why?

a million thoughts raced through your mind as you tried to calm yourself down and pay attention to maki who was just starting the class after dragging nobara and itadori inside. nobara noticed that you seemed to daze out so she nudged you as she was sitting next to you on the opposite side of nishimiya.

"y/n? you there?"

you blinked several times and took a deep breath before facing her.

"i-i'm fine. anyway, how did the chase go with it itadori?"

"that brat climbed up a tree inside someone's yard! we got into some trouble with the owner before maki-senpai came by and helped us out."

"thank goodness she's there, huh?"

"but the owner was also scolding me when i did nothing wrong!"

nothing wrong, huh?

nobara then shot a look at itadori who was pretending to do the questions on the board while you knew he was eavesdropping on you and nobara.

"w-what? why are you looking at me like-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY?! EVERYTHING IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID HUNGRY TUMMY!!"

itadori then shot back at her while acting like he was completely innocent.

"I DID NOTHING! IT WAS ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE ME THE TEMPURA!"

"ENOUGH!! ITADORI, NOBARA, IF YOU CAN'T BEHAVE THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

nobara and itadori looked at maki whose eyes were in a death glare which also gave you shiver down the spine. 

she's scary when she's mad. even nobara looks frightened. 

"y-yes, maki-senpai."

"APOLOGIZE TO EACH OTHER, NOW!"

itadori then stood up from his seat on the back and came over to nobara who reluctantly took his extended hand.

"sorry, nobara. i knew i made a little too much off a fuss over my hungry tummy."

"i'm sorry too. i guess i was too stuck up."

you smiled at them and patted nobara's shoulders. 

"see? it isn't that hard to get along~"

nobara gave you a side eye which made you giggle. itadori just looked at the both of you in confusion, though. nobara then gripped itadori's hand harder which made him flinch. but before he could say anything, maki fake-coughed to get all your attention back.