✧ chapter 15 ✧

word count: 2222 words

this chapter is just so (*♡∀♡)

damn it, out of all times there has to be a road closure on the way to school?! are you kidding me right now-

you groaned as you saw the huge sign that was placed in front of you. CONSTRUCTION AT WORK UNTIL 1PM, it said. 

why now though? why can't they do it at night? damn it!

you then turned around to take another path to school. it was the next day after the day that everything happened and because you were already irritated today you kind of forgotten about what happened. you opened your maps app and searched for other plausible routes to school.

NO WAY 30 MINUTES??!! AHHHH I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO BE LATE!

you began walking faster in hopes to reduce the estimated time as you looked at your phone for the next turn. 

and the first period is... art, i think? OH NO WHY DO I HAVE TO MISS SUCH A FUN CLASS- 

you always loved art lessons not because you loved drawing and painting but because the teacher didn't really give a damn about what you were doing so you usually loved to talk to your friends during that period. it felt like a free time, honestly. irritated, you clenched your jaw and began running. you obviously didn't want to miss art class especially since the next one would be physics which you really hate. 

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SWITCH THE LESSONS AROUND?! I WISH PHYSICS WAS THE FIRST LESSON SO I CAN JUST MISS IT!

as you ran through some people who were on their way to work, you spotted a familiar face in the crowd not that far from you. he seemed to notice you too and was about to come over to you when you quickly looked forward and continued your journey. 

no, no, no. don't go thinking stupid thoughts. just keep walking. 

you heard your name called several times but you didn't care. luckily, the crowd separated you farther from him until his voice faded with the noises of the people around you. finally after walking for almost half an hour you saw your yellow colored school in a distance.

oh. my. gosh. FINALLY.

you were nearly out of breath and you panted while you made your way to the school's entrance. you entered and took the stairs to your class on the 3rd floor. while walking to your class door you glimpsed at your watch and saw that you still had around 45 minutes left of art class before physics. 

you sighed and opened the door to hear itadori's extremely loud voice. 

"Y/N!!! YOU FINALLY ARRIVED! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!!"

you looked at him and saw there were only around 5 students in the class.

"um, where's everyone?"

megumi looked at you and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"probably taking a detour thanks to the road closure. i got here early since my house's on the opposite side."

you tried to digest what he said and your jaw dropped.

"WAIT! SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD TO TAKE A DETOUR?!"

itadori raised an eyebrow.

"umm... no. why?"

"SO ALL MY EFFORT TO RUN FOR THE FIRST PERIOD IS IN VAIN?? WHERE'S THE TEACHER ANYWAY??"

megumi looked away and sighed.