✧ chapter 24 ✧

word count: 2009 words

***timeskip to 5 years later***

a lot has changed in 5 years. you already graduated from college in america and you were looking for a job. you hoped that you would get one that was close to your family in singapore and thankfully you got a job offer in your old hometown, tokyo. currently you were in narita airport on a saturday afternoon after you landed from a safe flight from san francisco. 

better tell nobara i'm here...

nobara had continued her studies in tokyo too and she called you a month ago that she was currently working in tokyo. you took out your phone and opened your chat with nobara. after texting her a quick follow up message, you placed your phone back into your pocket and headed out to get a taxi towards your new home. 

***mini timeskip***

you opened the door to your apartment room. you decided to rent an apartment since you would be living alone and it suited your taste. it had a minimalist style with a light brown shade covering the walls. it had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and a dining room. the living room was merged into the dining room with a small sofa sitting next to the dining table and a led tv stood in front of it. it was perfect. 

it sure feels nice to be back...

you took your luggage to your bedroom and began sorting things out. your phone ringed at that moment and you saw an incoming call from nobara. you picked it up as you placed the last one of your clothes into the closet. 

"y/n? are you really in tokyo??"

"yes! i'm lucky enough to get a job here!"

"that's great!! i can't wait to meet up with you!"

"let's meet up somewhere, then! any suggestions?"

"hm, where do you live?"

"near ginza."

"oh i know a nice cafe nearby! wanna head there?"

"sure! let's meet up at..."

you checked your watch which was on your left hand and saw it was currently around 3PM.

"4.30? since i think i gotta tidy up this place first for a bit."

"no prob, i'll send you the address then. see ya!"

then nobara hung up and you placed your phone on your bed. you turned back to your luggage and began taking out your other necessities.

***mini timeskip***

you had decided to wear something with a chill vibe for your little outing with nobara. it's been years since you met her in person and the last time was when she went to america for vacation 2 years ago. once you got dressed, you admired your outfit on the bathroom mirror and took your coat before heading out. it was spring in japan so the temperature was still quite chilly.

your outfit: