chapter 14

The drive to the venue was a quiet one, Azlan just focusing at the road occasionally peeking at Haya, who only stared at her freshly painted nails out of boredom.  Whenever, he looked at Haya, the scene in the wardrobe replayed in his mind. 

"Why did i lean in?". "Did i want to kiss her?" "I think i did, Why Azlan, WHY?.?.?.?.?.?" 

The whole evening, Haya was interacting with Azlan's extended family, laughing at their jokes occasionally, and catching Azlan's stare sometimes. She looked heavenly. Her delicate frame in a red saree kept catching his eyes. She was the epitome of a Kashmiri beauty. Azlan had never been attracted to a girl like this before. Yeah, he had seen way more prettier European girls back in London, but it was never like this. His eyes kept searching for her. 

It was way past 1am when the event got wrapped up, since it was "ghar ki shaadi", they had to stay until the end of all the festivities.

"Mama, could you call Haya? We should leave now, it's getting quite late," 

Haya, still lost in her own thoughts, rose from her seat and walked towards Tehmina and Azlan. Azlan's gaze involuntarily fell upon her, captivated by her delicate beauty in the red saree. His eyes drawn to her like a moth to a flame. Tehmina was right, there was something in the way she carried herself. 

They were about to leave when Azlan's aunt forced them to stay over her place since it was quite dangerous for the couple to leave at this hour of  the night. 

The bed they found themselves on was smaller than the king-sized bed back in Azlan's house, a physical representation of their unfamiliarity and the distance between them. Haya and Azlan both slept without exchanging a word. 

Haya awoke to the soft morning light streaming through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. As her eyes fluttered open, she became acutely aware of her proximity to Azlan. His peaceful face was mere inches away from hers, and she could hear the gentle rhythm of his baby-like snores. Her eyes widened in shock, and she fought to contain her surprise.

Meanwhile, Azlan's eyelids fluttered open, his gaze naturally gravitating towards Haya lying next to him. A rush of emotions flooded him as he beheld her delicate features illuminated by the gentle morning light. 

Azlan's heart raced, overwhelmed by the intensity of his attraction to Haya. Unable to resist the pull any longer, his mind clouded with longing. His thoughts raced, questioning his own intentions, but he couldn't deny the magnetic pull he felt towards Haya.

He leaned in slightly, his breath hitching. But the weight of his assumptions and the fear of crossing Haya's boundaries overwhelmed him. With a heavy heart and a deep sigh, Azlan broke the spell, tearing his gaze away from Haya. He rose from the bed, the weight of his decision heavy upon him.

He couldn't allow himself to give in to his desires if it meant potentially hurting Haya.

Haya's eyes followed Azlan's movements, a mixture of confusion and longing playing across her features. She remained in bed, her mind reeling, as she tried to make sense of the sudden shift in their connection.

Their hearts yearned for connection, but the complexities of their situation held them back. 

A/N: I knowww this was updated after a long time and i know short one but double updates for you guys. And hey, i have a perfect treat for y'all. Do read the next chapter, it's literally the best *wink*