Chapter 2: Arrival

4 Private Drive - March 3, 1996

Young Harry James Potter knew nothing but pain. His uncle had gotten drunk and beat him for hours yesterday because something strange had happened. Harry knew that more than one strange thing had happened last night. Though he couldn't exactly remember what.

He vaguely remembered a man with long white hair promising his aunt that something would stop the outbursts. He didn't know what that meant, only that he felt tireder and weaker than he had since he was a toddler. It was like some sort of iron weight was wrapped around his chest.

When he heard Aunt Petunia slam on his cupboard door and demand he make breakfast Harry opened his eyes painfully. He had had such a strange dream but he couldn't remember what it was really about. Like many of his dreams, this one also had a flash of bright green. He always wondered why he dreamed about green lights.

Slowly getting up Harry couldn't stop himself from flinching. His entire body hurt. standing up, he didn't notice the pocket sized trunk that sat next to his makeshift bed.

Going out and into the kitchen he saw he was being watched by his aunt. She had her usual pinched expression on her face, like she was seeing something completely disgusting.

"What are you looking at you little freak?" She snapped when she noticed his eyes on her.

His eyes returned to the floor, where he had been trained that they should be. "Nothing Aunt Petunia."

"Well," she demanded, flourishing her arm in the direction of the stove, "Get to work. Vernon and Duddykins need breakfast."

Harry made breakfast as quickly as he could. He made as much as possible in the hopes that he might be able to get some of the leftovers. He knew that it was pointless, Vernon and Dudley would eat until they made themselves sick just to make sure that Harry wouldn't get a proper meal.

As he thought Harry once again had to go without food. Petunia kept him home from school that day as there were still bruises on his face. And they couldn't let the neighbours or teachers see that.

It was times like these that Petunia was glad that the little freak healed so quickly. She knew that a normal child would take weeks to heal from the beating he had received last night, but the freak, with his freakish ways, would be completely healed in a day or two.

Harry spent the entire day working around inside the house. After he finished serving the Dursley's their dinner Harry was given his first and only food of the day. A slice of stale bread and a glass of water. Then he was sent back to his cupboard.

Sitting in his cupboard Harry felt his heart break just a little bit more as happened every night. He couldn't understand what was wrong with him. It seemed that no matter how hard he worked the Dursley's would never care about him.

Grabbing his thin blanket Harry went to go to sleep. It was then that his foot hit on something. Sitting back up Harry looked at what looked to be a miniature trunk.

He knew this trunk from somewhere. Why did he know this trunk?

Going off instinct Harry pushed a small amount of energy into the trunk. He didn't even understand what the energy was, or where it came from, but he just decided to go with it. What's the worse that could happen.

Harry let out a muffled yelp as the trunk suddenly grew. Holding his breath Harry waited to see if his relatives had heard him, but thankfully the TV was loud enough and he had muffled his cry enough that they hadn't noticed. That was the last thing he needed right now.

Opening the trunk Harry looked in. The inside of the trunk was way bigger than it should possibly be. It was filled with other small trunks, large amounts of paper, and small corked glass vials that held something shiny in them. In the back of his mind Harry recognized all of this and knew that he was the one that packed this trunk.