Chapter 3: At the Bank

Gringotts - March 3, 1996

Chief Ragnock of the Gringotts Clan was a proud goblin, like all other goblins. He was well over 200 years old and had been the chief of his clan for over 30 years now. He had lived through the reign of 2 dark lords that saw goblins and beneath them, and worthy only of death. He was a skilled warrior that had first blooded his blade at the age of 10.

He had thought there was nothing left that could surprise him. That was until tonight. He had been working late in his office, he had wanted to rush as his mate was probably back in their cavern and he didn't want to keep her waiting, that was never a wise thing, but he had a little bit more work to do and Ragnock never shirked his duty.

Just as he had been finishing the last page of his paperwork there was a soft pop and he felt the presence of another. In less than a second his mind went over all the scenarios that he could think of, he hadn't even considered this one. Casually dropping his hand to the battle axe he still kept at his waist he subtly pulled it out and kept it behind the desk so the intruder wouldn't notice it until it was too late.

Glancing up, he froze. Rather than some shadowy enemy or some foolish thief, was a startled wizard youngling. Then Ragnock's mind caught up with what he was seeing. He could clearly see the younglings small size, the bruises, the way it was favouring its arm, but most of all was the guarded cautious expression. He knew goblins in their 30's that weren't as guarded or cautious as this youngling appeared to be. The only way to have a look like that was if one had seen battle and shed blood. This youngling was way to young for that, even by goblin standards. Ragnocks opinion of wizards dropped even lower, though he hadn't believed that was even possible.

Cautiously Ragnock approached the confused youngling, just incase this was a trap. once the youngling had focused on where he was and caught sight of Ragnock he did something that surprised Ragnock once again. The youngling snapped his feet together, laid his hand over his heart, bowed at the waist ensuring that the back of his neck was visible and exposed, and then gave a traditional greeting.

Harry was confused. He had no clue where he was or how he had gotten there. He also had no idea why he had just said and did what he did. He only knew that it was the right thing to do.

He took a seat when Ragnock, and he somehow did know that this was a goblin named Ragnock, had gestured to the chair in front of his dest. Retaking his seat Ragnock looked at the youngling.

Harry snapped out of his shock and flushed. He quickly handed Ragnock the envelope that Death had handed to him only a few minutes ago.

Ragnock cautiously took the envelope. He was quite interested when he saw his name on the front, he was then confused when he realized that not only was this his name, it was also his handwriting. Flipping the envelope over to open it he saw the Gringotts seal. This had to be something important as the banks official seal could not be faked.

Opening the letter Ragnock read the first page while still keeping a cautious eye on the youngling. When he reached the end he was shocked. He had to reread the letter, and this time he gave it his full attention.

The letter stated that he was writing this letter to himself in the future. It explained that the young boy in front of him had become an unspeakable and had found a way to send himself back in time. He told himself about the attack on the clan and how this boy had stood with them, even against his own kind. It gave him a brief outline of how they had planned to change the future in a way the bettered the world while still providing a profit for the goblins. It ended with the information that this youngling had been declared a goblin friend, and a request of himself to help the boy who could one day save them all.