𝐱𝐱𝐯

≫ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ≪
chapter twenty-five ; oh , heizou...

≫ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ≪chapter twenty-five ; oh , heizou

narrator pov
≫ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ≪

" HEY , HEIZOU . . . " yoimiya greets, approaching the maroon-headed man, whose head perks up in interest at the mention of his name.

"hm, what's up? you look down," heizou comments, tucking the book about law and detectives to his side.

yoimiya purse her lips, sitting beside him on the edge of the bed. "no, i'm not. it's fine," she sighs. "but, there's something i've been meaning to ask you."

heizou lifts his brows, shifting his figure to face her. "i see . . ." he mumbles, "what happened?"

"i heard someone mention that you had two people you liked."

heizou halts, staying silent with his eyes widened. "and, one was shinobu, i know that. but the other . . ." yoimiya trails off before speaking once again. ". . . the other is a girl that already has a boyfriend."

heizou furrows his brows, staring at the covers of his bed as yoimiya continues. "i'm not one to butt into peoples' business, but i've been meaning to ask . . . who is this girl?"

instantly he shakes his head. "no, you wouldn't understand," he huffs, standing up.

"i'll try to. i swear, i will," she says, standing up with him. "if i don't understand, then tell me i'm a bad friend."

he doesn't utter a word, only staying with his back turned on her. until he sighs. "fine." he turns around before plopping down on the bed, patting the spot a feet away from him. she nods, sitting down as well.

"so," he gulps, clearing his throat. "you want to know the other crush, right?" she nods, letting him speak again.

he stays silent, staring at her before suddenly shaking his head. "nevermind, i can't do it," he huffs, standing up to walk out the door.

"it's y/n, isn't it?"

he halts, worry replacing his face. he looks back at yoimiya, eyes widened. "h- how did you—"

"i've seen the way you look at her," yoimiya says, standing up. "i thought it was just a friendly stare, but the way you would get too close is . . ."

heizou gulps, taking a step back. "don't fucking tell anyone," he demands, breath shaking.

she furrows her brows, crossing her arms. "i won't, don't worry. it's just . . ." she trails off again before finally speaking. ". . . it's just wrong to like someone who has a boyfriend. especially when the boyfriend is one of your best friends. and you're trying to get close to her too, that makes it even worse."

heizou sighs, shaking his head. "it's just a friendly interaction. it's not like i'm trying to get close to her—"

"that's a lie."

"what?" he scoffs, furrowing his brows.

"it's not a friendly interaction to you at least. it's wrong," yoimiya tells.

heizou grits his teeth. "that doesn't matter," he grumbles.

"it does matter."

"no, it doesn't!"

"YES, IT DOES!"

at this point, yoimiya is angry at him. angry at him for his wrong mindset. "it does matter because of the fact you're trying to fuck with a friend that has a boyfriend, who's your best friend! that's low, heizou. that's fucking low!"

"shut the fuck up, yoimiya! i'm not even trying to get with her! so, just — stop—!"

"don't fucking lie! you are trying to get with her! i see you always trying to get close to her and do things for her, and when he's in the room, you instantly stop. you never acknowledge that she has a boyfriend!" she yells, voice getting louder by the second.

". . . no, i do! i just —"

"you just what?! you can't control your feelings?! i know, you can't. but at least try to, because that isn't fucking right!"

"i — . . . yoimiya, just fucking leave me alone! ugh, i can't deal with this shit today!"

"oh, but you can deal with the guilt of knowing you're trying to get with a girl who has a boyfriend, who's your best friend?! you're out of your mind, heizou! do you even have guilt?!"

"yes! yes, i do!" he cries, raking his hand through his maroon hair. "i do feel guilt. every-time i see y/n and scaramouche interact, i just want to fucking — . . . i just want to fucking steal her away!"

". . . you're fucking funny," she says with a blank tone. "you say you have guilt, but i'm fucking sure that wanting to steal a girl from your best friend is not being fucking guilty. get out of your head and just give up! y/n has a boyfriend, which is scaramouche, you're fucking best friend. you see how bad that sounds?! you're being a fucking lying ass bitch!"

"no, i'm fucking not! just shut the fuck up—! it's not like they'll ever fucking know!" heizou argues, teeth gritting as yoimiya frowns.

she shouts, eyes rolling. "oh, shut the fuck up! she will find out sooner!"

"no — she won't!"

"i think i already did."

the two both halt, hearing the familiar voice. they turned to face the door, where they have seen a surprised thoma and you, who had a frown.

yoimiya gasps as heizou takes a step back, lips parted in shock. "how l— long have you two been standing there. . . ?" he utters, a feeling of nervousness lacing his tone.

you sigh. "when you both started screaming at each other," you mutter, shaking your head.

"so, you heard everything?"

"yes. yes, we did."

≫ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ≪

AUTHORS NOTE ;

drama

taglist ;
(idk how this works)

Sunnyyyval -yo1miyas kkokoji penjodendro scarazbxtchfr Ch40t1c_m3ss