Chapter 3: Mending a Mistake

Waking up, you open the guestroom door a tad, peeking through to see Wally's bedroom door still closed and the house still quiet.

Looking behind you at the small clock beside the bed, you see its still fairy early; 8:09 AM.

Tidying the pajamas you were wearing, you step out of the room quietly and head towards to kitchen to start cooking breakfast for the two of you. Thankfully, the kitchen seemed far away as to not wake up Wally by making any noise, so you got started right away!

Checking the fridge, you immediately noticed some items that helped you narrow down what to make. Grabbing the bacon and other ingredients and setting the oven temperature, you decided to make biscuits and gravy, with apple slices as a healthy side. Looking around you notice an apron, matching Wally's pants stripe design from yesterday, and put it on as to not dirty your only current pair of clothes.

Finishing up breakfast, you plate the golden biscuits with a heaping of gravy and bacon, grabbing some apples from the basket nearby and slicing them carefully. Once the plate was carefully organized with all of the breakfast food, you turned around to place the plate where Wally sat yesterday.

"Good morning, friend!" He smiled, already sitting in his spot with his hands happily clasped in front of him, dawning a red warm robe over his pajamas - one leg crossed over the other.

Gasping in shock, you quickly gripped the edges of the plate tightly as not to drop it from your startled jump.

"Oh! Wally, good morning to you too! I didn't hear you come in..." you said, noticing the table set with drinks, "You set the table without me noticing too."

"Ha..ha! You were so absorbed in cooking, I thought I'd help out where I can! You did cook breakfast after all, it is only right me to do my part." He smiled, looking down at the plate as you set it before him, eyeing the apple slices immediately.

Sitting down, you sigh.

"Well... I wanted to help out too. After all your hospitality 'n such." You said, preparing your own plate and sitting across from him.

You're not surprised the choice of drink was apple juice for the two of you, in two cute little juice boxes, straws punched in.

"No need to mention it! I'm more than happy to lend you my guest room! Plus, it's so nice to have someone around my humble Home." He put his head in his hands, eyes meeting yours.

You pulled your lips into an awkward smile, waiting for a moment before digging in, your stomach twisting with hunger.

To be honest, you can't remember the last time you ate a real meal. At least... it didn't feel like you ate one in a long time, the beignets from last night not really filling your stomach.

A mouth full of biscuits and gravy, you stop chewing and look up to see Wally still staring at you.

You look at him before looking at his plate, repeating that a couple times until he noticed he was staring.

"Oh! Sorry, friend! I should eat before it gets cold, how rude of me!" He smiled twisted a bit awkwardly, holding his fork while he ate with his eyes.

You would laugh if you weren't shoving your gut with food right now.

তততততততততততততততততততততততততততততত

After breakfast was finished and you helped Wally with cleaning up, he stopped you before you could walk out of the kitchen.

"Silly! You still have the apron on. Here, turn around!" He said, turning you by your shoulders and untying the apron, quickly slipping it off you.

Surprised, you watch him hang it up, "..thanks, I didn't even notice."