Forever In My Heart (Lilia x GN!Reader)

Y/N and Lilia were the feared duo throughout Briar Valley.  Since Lilia was known for his speed and strength on the battle field, Y/N was known for their calculating mind.  They somehow always came up with the best strategies, specifically involving partner work.  Since partner work was so integrated into Briar Valley's military tactics, the two often found themselves working side by side.  It's not like the two minded at all, in fact, they absolutely loved working with each other because Lilia trusted Y/N's strategies the most and Y/N was confident in Lilia's abilities to pull off some of their more complicated tactics.  

Since the two were the most feared duo, it was fate that they ended up talking and getting closer together.  The two were interested in each other, every outsider could see it.  Y/N was impressed by Lilia's overall abilities and Lilia was surprised at how well-prepared Y/N always was.  It was only natural that the duo's curiosity in each other turned into something a little more as countless of years passed by and they got closer.

Both Y/N and Lilia were met with a quick shock when they asked each other at the same time.  Apparently spending all those years together helped their minds sync more.  It was great for combat, however, not so great when the two were trying to ask each other out.  That was the one major hurdle that affected the duo's ability to confess and it was driving them both crazy.  Of course, it was no secret that the two were trying to confess, they did all the cliche things like bringing bouquets of roses, releasing a dozen doves, getting a herald to play a trumpet and getting friends to hold up signs  while trying to ask the other person out.  The thing is, they both wanted to be the person who confesses, thus the two always managed to find a way to "accidentally" ruin the confession, or try to speak quickly so the other person can't get a word in.

Finally, they both had enough and grew rather impatient.  They marched directly towards each other and debated for each other until they came to a compromise.  If they both couldn't confess first, they'd confess at the same time.  Since the feelings were so obviously mutual, the pair began dating.  They were the ideal couple in Briar Valley, they were professional with each other during their job, but, as soon as they were told to take a break from work, the two would immediately become joined at the hip.  Y/N even had a ring near by and was just waiting for the most perfect opportunity to propose.  

However, during this time, Briar Valley was negotiating peace treaties and the queen had sent Y/N to oversee and make sure nobody was causing trouble.  The kingdom they were negotiating peace treaties with was hot.  The queen was even hesitant to separate the two lovers. Having the two separate and meet up later seemed so much better than have Lilia shriveling up and dying in the heat.  Thus, Y/N said their good bye to Lilia and left the country.

Lilia saw this as an opportunity to propose when Y/N got back and waited eagerly for their return each day.  Years passed by, yet he still kept on waiting.  He grew worried as they had stopped returning his letters, however, a bit of him had faith that they were safe.  They were the second half to Briar Valley's most feared duo after all.  Eventually, he had to leave the country in order to attend Night Raven College alongside Malleus, Silver and Sebek.  Even though school took some time to getting used to, Lilia got used to it for Y/N.  

Yes, that's right, hundreds of years have passed and he still hasn't forgotten about his love.  This is partially because Malleus and Silver would always ask about them and ask Lilia to tell them stories about the adventures the two had together.  Of course, Lilia was always glad to tell them.  He certainly still missed them every day and wished they were here alongside them.

Night Raven College was not usually known for having transfer students ((Except for Kalim-)) so Lilia was extremely confused to hear that a new student would be joining.  He was even more surprised when he saw the transfer student was none other than Y/N.  Lilia took out a small pouch that held a ring.  He had always carried that ring around as he'd been dreaming of the day he could see Y/N face to face once again and it finally happened.  However, he also noticed that Y/N took out their own pouch.  It seemed like the two still stayed in sync, even after countless of years apart.

The two both got down on one knee and slipped their rings on the other persons finger.  If they were both proposing, there was no need to ask any questions when the answer was so obvious.  So, the two managed to catch up and Lilia learned that Y/N had just finished negotiating the peace contracts.  Apparently both sides didn't want to compromise and they both wanted things their own ways.  Y/N had also gotten too stressed out to write any letters back and even though Lilia was still slightly concerned, he was glad that Y/N was at least improving more.  

It was strange how a bond like that was rekindled just like that.  Especially because the two have been apart for hundreds of years.  However, the two made it work, probably because of their even longer history together as co workers, to friends, to dating and now, to-be fiances.  

A/N:  Soooo, I wanted to try a new writing style with this so please let me know if you all like it better than my old writing style.))