Chapter 14: "Not What He Seems"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

      Constant buzzing was coming from somewhere in my room. I didn't exactly process it yet, but I knew that it was coming from my phone. I couldn't open my eyes, they were too heavy.

Though, I forced my eyes open. Whoever was spamming me this much, it was either an emergency or someone finding interesting drama that they want me to know. Or, it could be because someone made a group chat and is now blowing it up.

I turned on my back, reaching out and feeling around my bedside table for my phone. It vibrated again, letting me know where it was on the table. I grabbed it and brought it close to my face.

It blinded me right as I turned it on. I was used to it since I did this a lot but I couldn't help but shut my eyes tight. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes again and looked at the text messages.

One after another, there were over 30 texts. They all consisted of, "Hello?," "Are you awake yet?," "Can you see this?," in a very weird font. I wasn't exactly comprehending all of it yet, so I just stared at it.

More texts came, "Hello!," "You're awake!," "Can you see this?", "Am I getting through to you?" All off this was coming from an unknown number so I didn't know who this was.

Unlocking my phone, I opened the texts. This person has been trying to wake me up for the past 10 minutes. I sat up, realizing that I was in my own bed. I know I took a nap on the couch but how did I get in my bed?

I responded, "Who is this?" The person immediately started typing. Though, it did take a bit longer than anyone would usually take to type. "I'm sorry if I'm bad at this, I'm new to this stuff," they said.

"But that doesn't answer my question," I mentioned. They took a while to answer again, but they did say that they are new to this. "I'm Wally," they finally responded.

I paused, wasn't Wally downstairs? How is this Wally? Is that actually Wally downstairs? What is going on? Before I could reply, he sent another message. "I know what your thinking," he started typing again. Getting more comfortable on my bed, I waited for him to respond.

"The Wally youre thinking of is downstairs right?" I started to notice how they weren't using proper grammer like a 40 year old mother would. To be honest, I don't usually type with capitals at the beginning of my sentences but I just woke up so I don't really care.

They sent another message, "That isnt the real Wally." He continued typing right after. If that wasn't Wally, then who was he? "I am the real Wally, I don't know who he is but i do know that hes not good"

I just stared at my phone. I honestly didn't know what to say. What is even going on? "I know this might be confusing, but I promise I will explain," the real Wally said.

He continued to type, taking awhile. I yawned before he sent another message, "I woke up inside home but everything was dark." I kept rereading the texts he sent, making sure that I was getting every detail and wasn't reading it too quickly that I would mess it up and come up with my own sentence.

"I don't remember much before I woke up, it gets blurry there." Right after he sent that, I quickly started typing, "How are you texting me right now?"

He stopped typing for a couple seconds, then started typing again. It took a bit longer to type than every other message. "I found a rectangular box thing a couple days ago. I've been trying to figure it out and I think I did."

"And how did you get my number?" I asked. He didn't type for a bit. "It was already in the thing. I tried to talk to you in other ways but this is the only way I could get through to you."

Alright, back tracking a bit, the Wally inside my house isn't the real Wally and the real Wally is inside of his house without any light and found a phone with my number in it.

Wally sent another message, "are you the one that I can hear the thoughts of?" I paused.

What?

If I wasn't awake earlier, then I'm definitely awake now. He can hear my thoughts? Can the fake Wally also hear my thoughts?

"I'm sorry if that was weird," he said that as if that would make me feel better. I don't exactly feel comfortable with someone being able to hear my thoughts. I think of some weird things throughout the day that I would like to keep to myself.

"If it would make you feel better, I can only hear you a bit. Your thoughts are very silent but I can hear you better when I'm using this to talk to you." I could feel my heart beating faster. This was getting creepy.

"How do I know that you're the real Wally and the other Wally downstairs isn't?" I asked. He started typing immediately, sending the message faster than when he sent the other messages. "I can't exactly prove it, but please believe me!"

I almost burst out laughing from that. I held it in, trying not to offend this Wally. "He hurt my friends! I can't exactly remember their names but I know they were my friends!" he said. What does he mean he doesn't remember their names? How could he forget?

"Anyways, can you help me get out of here?" he asked. I snorted, "and how exactly are we supposed to get you out of there?" I asked. What did he expect me to do? If he doesn't know how to get out, neither do I.

He didn't respond for a moment, probably thinking of any ideas that could help. He finally started typing, "Well, how did the other Wally get out?" he asked. I paused, I didn't know how he got out. But, I could still tell him what I know.

"I was looking at a website about you and your friends and when I put a doodle into another tab, he kinda just flew out of my screen and landed on me," I explained. He, again, didn't respond for a moment.

"I can access the website you're talking about, but I don't know how I can use that to get myself out of here." I was just about to write back, but there was a knock at my door.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" I heard Wally's voice call, but we all knew that wasn't Wally calling me.

××××××××××××××××