Chapter 21: "Pain Killers"

TW: overdose, panic attack, delusion(?), nausea, excruciating pain

HINT: separate the capitalized bold and italic letters from the lowercase bold and italic letters

××××××××××××××××

     Shaking as I reached out a hand to the right side of me, leaning my body weight on that hand before repeating the same action with my other hand. I started to crawl, very slowly, towards my bedroom door.

I could barely make out anything, my vision was blurry, I couldn't look straight at something. Choking on another sob, I struggled to hold myself up.

My head was hurting so bad, it made it hard to even move my eyes in another direction. I could barely breathe because it hurts so much. Or becAuse my sobs were making it hard to breathe.

Making it to my door, I reached up to my doorknob. It was hard to do so, my stomach was burning. I couldn't stand up, it hurt too much. I finally got a hold onto the handle, turning it while I slowly lowered myself down to go back on my hands and knees.

I made it out into the hallway. It was almost too dark to see, though I only somewhat make out a few details from the moonlight from my bedroom window. I started to crawl towards the stairS.

Stopping right before the stairs, I sat down and slowly started to lean back. Though it hurt, I continued to slide down onto each step. Sobbing harder the faster I slid down. The bouncing after I slid down on another step made my abdomen burn more.

I couldn't even tell what the time was, nor could I tell how long it's been since I've left my bedroom. It felt like it's been eternity since then. How long has it Actually been? Is this a dream? No, this hurts far too badly to be just a dream.

A random burst of pain in my stomach made me stop sliding down the stairs and lean back in agony. Gripping onto the stairs that I'm sitting on harder the more I had to bear this pain. I breathed out, trying to calm myself down so I could continue.

Continuing through the pain, I started sliding down again. I bit down on my tongue, trying to stop my sobs. Finally making it down to the second step, I pushed my self forward. I fell onto the cold dark wood, laying there for a second.

I don't think I can make it, I might just pass out right here. But, I knew that I had to get up and keep going. Slowly lifting my self up and getting myself on my knees again. My knees were burning, having rug burn from my bedroom carpet and then having to be crushed onto the bare floor with my weight.

Making my way towards the kitchen, I balled up my fists since the palms of my hands were starting to hurt. I couldn't fOcus on the doorway to the kitchen, everything was still blurry. My head was starting to hurt worse and worse.