Part 6: It's All Over

Once the ambulance arrived at the hospital, the paramedics took the stretcher out and rolled it down the Emergency Test Sector. Two nurses had to hold Jay back because he wasn't allowed down that part of the hospital.

Once the tests were over, Jay's older brother, Will was assigned to be her doctor during her stay. He walked into her room to see her laying still on the bed.

"Kiera? Can you hear me?" a male voice asked.

In that moment, Kiera decides to wake up. Her vision returned to normal and she realized that she was in the hospital. Then, she turns her attention to the man with red hair in burgundy scrubs by her bedside.

"Hi, Kiera. I'm Dr. Will Halstead and I'll be taking care of you." he said.

Will put on his stethoscope to check her heartbeat. Kiera took a deep breath in and out.

"Halstead? By any chance-" she started to question.

"I see you've connected the dots. Jay is my younger brother and he's told me all about you." Will said as he took the oxygen tube off from around her face.

Kiera thought to herself why Jay didn't tell her about him having a brother, but it's not important.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm okay, just a little-" Kiera started to say, but she winced in pain as she tried to adjust her position on the bed.

"Hey, take it easy. You're gonna be sore for a little while." Will said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Right, sorry." Kiera apologized.

"Looks like you're in good shape for visitors. How about I get Jay for you?" Will offered.

"Thanks." Kiera says, then he walks out the door.

She sees that she's wearing a hospital gown, then she looks at her right arm to see an IV in her elbow ditch and a pulse monitor on her index finger. Kiera carefully turns over on her left side and faces the opposite direction. Some tears trickled down her face as she reflected on everything that's happened to her in the last several hours.

Will walks out to the waiting room. Jay was staring at Kiera's Priceless necklace when he looked up to see his brother coming his way. He stood up from his seat and the brothers shook hands.

"How is she?" Jay asked.

"She's awake." Will said.

Which made Jay exhale a huge sigh of relief.

"The sedative is now out of her system. The scans and tests showed that she has some minor injuries, but nothing life threatening. She's just gonna be in some discomfort for a little while." Will explained.

"Anything else I should know?" Jay asked, trying to give a hint.

"I knew that was coming. The rape kit showed no signs of sexual assault." Will answered.

Jay exhaled again in relief.

"Can I see her?" he asked.

"Of course." Will said, then guided his brother down a hallway.

When they got to Kiera's hospital room, Jay looked through the window to see her laying on the hospital bed but she was facing the opposite direction.

"She's a tough kid." Will said, then patted his brother on the back.

He left his brother alone, thinking that he would like to be with Kiera by himself. Jay slowly opened the door and walked into the room. He sat down on a chair next to the bed.