Chapter 3

Once we got to the rink the Ducks were in one locker room  while us new/out of state kids were in the other locker room Me and Julie took the back of the locker room while the guys took the front of the locker room. Once we all had our gear on we met up on the ice in a group. The ducks were in their own little group talking. Mr. Tibbles introduced us individually to our new coach and teammates. First up Luis Mendoza, damn that boy is fast but he really needs to work on stopping. Second up was Dwayne Robertson, He's one funny country, to me. Next was Julie Gaffney, her nickname was The Cat since she was so fast that hardly anyone could score on her. Kenny was up, that kid's got some moves. I was up after him, I couldn't show off too much since my top skills were scoring, shoulder checking people, and stealing the puck, so when Mr. Tibbles explained that, Coach sent one of the ducks out against me and I stole the puck from him, scored on the goalie Goldberg, and chucked the kid into the boards. He was a skinny, dirty blonde haired kid i think it was number 96. Lastly Dean was up. He skated out onto the ice "singing", completely off key, to some rock song playing through his Walkman. He shoved a few of the ducks to the ground, seem like a total assbag in my opinion. He tossed Julie his stick, and almost hit me with it since I stood next to her on the ice. Then he has the nerve to pick Ken up and put him on top of the goal. That's enough, I'm already sick of this jerk. We all got into a huge argument and I saw Dean shove one of the taller ducks who's jersey had 44 on it. Oh hell no, I got right between them arguing with Dean. 

         "Quit acting like a tough ass. You ain't that tough." 

        "Oh says the Twinkie little girl" 

         "If you don't shut your fat mouth imma shove you so hard it'll knock you the hell out" 

         "I'd like to see you try" 

         This idiot, he really doesn't know when to shut up. He still kept up with his high and mighty act so I shoved him harshly, and he hit the ice with a very loud thud. He fell so hard his helmet almost flew off. I was glaring daggers at him and he layed on the ice for a second before getting up and he was stunned. I turned  asking 44 if he was okay. 

         "You alright...." 

         I paused so the kid could say his name 

        "Fulton, and yeah I'm good. Thank you" 

         "Ah no problem, he was being a total ass anyways" 

--------- Dean's POV ----------

          I was arguing with Fulton, one of the ducks and he was pissing me off so I shoved him. Then this girl Emery got infront of me arguing with me, and she shoved me to the ground. I was totaly shocked by that, and normally I'd be pissed but that, her shoving me, that was hot. 

----------- Emery's POV ----------

Everyone else was still arguing, I skated away glaring daggers at Dean, when coach blew the whistle. 

          "Everybody freeze!" 

          He shouted scaring the hell outa me since it was highly unexpected.

          " Now, we didn't come here to fight. We came here to play hockey. We're team USA. You represent your country. " 

          "That's Right. 

         "Now i want you to be, all that you can be..." 

          "Be all that you can be right. Ya gotta raise yourself up guys! Ya gotta..." 

          Coach glared at Mr. Tibbles who kept cutting him off and finishing his sentences for him. 

         "Alright, now. Let's start with a scrimmage!" 

          "Great. Scrimmage!" 

          Mr. Tibbles copied coach and blew the whistle he had around his neck, which we all still don't know why he even had a whistle to begin with. 

         "You heard your coach! Now..... Hey you don't need me here. I've got an appointment anyway. I've got to see Ms. Mackay, she's the team's tutor." 

          "Don." 

          He said putting his hand out. 

          "Come on." 

          Coach said as Mr. Tibbles put the whistle in his hand. 

         "You'll get it back at the end of the school term" 

         We all chuckled a little at that. 

         "Alright Ducks! Show 'em what you got. Let's scrimmage!"

          Dwayne took the face off against Jesse, I was on left wing, Dean on right wing, Julie playing goalie, and Luis and Kenny on defense. Luis ended up crashing into the other goalie Goldberg, I think it was. I don't know I forgot half their names after coach introduced us all. Dean was crushing the ducks and cackling about it. Fulton did his famous slapshot, I didn't even realize until I was being shoved out of the way even though I wasn't even that close to the puck. The puck hit the top of the goal, bounced off about five other things, including the ceiling before hitting Mr. Tibbles in the head. 

          "Duck!" The lady he was walking with yelled.