Chapter 9

"Yo we did awesome today!" I shouted excitedly 

          "Yeah man!" Jesse yelled 

          "Yo Emery nice job checking those guys  into the boards" Banks complimented as we headed out of the locker room to the bus. 

          Back at the dorms we all chilled. I drew while listening to music, until Julie and Connie asked if I wanted to go explore LA with them. I said sure, and we walked around a lot sometimes going into makeup and jewlery stores if we were able to get in. That was until Connie wanted to go back since she was tired. On the way back we ended up running into the Bash Brothers, who also had plans to go explore the streets of LA. 

          "Where yall headed?" Dean asked us 

          "Back to the dorms, you?" 

          "Wer're gonna explore LA. Wanna go with us?" Fulton offered 

         "Sure" I stated excited to get to go back out. 

       As we walked and laughed, we ended up passsing a record store. 

         "Hey, ya'll wanna check this out?" I pointed to the store's sign 

         "Hell yeah!" Fulton said excited. 

          All three of us were looking at rock cassettes seeing what we could buy and seeing if they had different tapes of the bands we all liked. I got a Rolling Stones tape, Fulton got another Guns N Roses tape, and Dean decided to get a Mӧtley Crüe tape. Before heading back for the night, we passed an Ice cream shop.

          "Oooh Ice cream!" Dean pointed out like a five year old 

          "Yeah!" Fulton agreed 

          "Why not" I shrugged 

 As we were about to go in, Dean spotted something, or shall I say someone. Dean put his arm out Infront of us stopping us dead in our tracks. 

         "Stop." He said shushing us 

          'What the... " I said confused as to why we were being stopped short like that when we just decided to get ice cream. 

          "That's an Iceland chick. What's he doin with her?" 

           "Man that's bull crap" I crossed my arms 

          "Some coach we got" Dean scoffed. 

          "Fuck it. I'm not letting that stop me from getting my icecream." I stated not cring what the boys were going to do. 

           "Same. Fulton?" 

          "Sure" 

          We all got icecream, I got choclate, Dean got some sort of chocolate brownie concoction, and Fulton got a coffee icecream. As we got to the dorms Dean pulled me aside as Fulton kept walking. 

          "Hey, Em. I just wanted to say, it was really fn hanging out with you today." 

           "Yeah, thanks for letting me tag along with you guys, it was really fun, y'all are hilarious." 

           "Thanks Em, Anytime." 

          As we walked back to our dorms Dean's hand brushed lightly against mine, making me jump a little. When I got in my dorm Jule notice how smiley I was. 

           "What happened!" She asked excitely and intrigued. 

          "I got to know Dean and Fulton a little. Turns out Dean's actually nicer then he lets on." 

          Julie gasped "I told you!" 

          "Does Emery Westluck have a crush on Portman!" Connie stated  loudly.

          "No, Connie! He's just one of our teammates who happend to be nice to me today. Now please! They are right across the hall! SHUSH!" I said imediatly shtting down Connie's idea. 

----------------Time Skip---------------

The next morning in the lockerroom before the Iceland game, some of the guys were mocking the Coach's new style, while me Dean and Fulton mentioned his little ice cream date with that iceland chick. When the gmae started Jesse took the faceoff, Dean was right wing, and Fulton on left wing. Dean went after one of the iceland guys when they got the puck and the ref told him he was out of the game for running at the other guy unprevoked. Before getting off the ice as he was escorted to the exit to go back to the lockerroom, he threw his stick against the glass making a really loud clashing noise, makingme scrunch my face. He's definetly pissed off right now. The Iceland team was now destroying us without Dean on the ice. Goal after goal, these guys were ruthless. Some kid was taunting Goldberg from the crowd. 

          "Hey, Goldberg. I bet if that puck was a cheeseburger you'd stop it." 

          Man I really wanted to flip that kid off, but we were on TV so I couldn't. When coach put me in the game, the second the ouck hit the ice i was try my best to stop the Iceland guys, one tripped over my  stick, and i made a wiseguy remark. 

          "Oh get up, I didn't even touch you, idiot" 

          I got told by one of the refs that if i did someting like that again I was also going to be kicked from the game. At one point I had the puck, I was close to the boards, when one of the iceland guys checked me into the boards. I went flying and hit the boards with a loud crash. I don't know if anyone else heard it but something in my shoulder made a really loud crackling/popping noise. I skated off the ice with a wince as I hopped over the side. 

----- Dean's POV -----

          I was watching the game off the TV in the locker room and I was Emery get chucked into the boards. She litteraly flew into the boards. 

          "GODDAMIT!" I yelled 

          I had to sit in this dumb lockerroom and watch my teammates get demolished and watch my team loose and I can't even do anythoing about it. What the actual hell is this team's problem. They're dirty cheaters. I swear to god if that guy hurt Emery I'm gonna hurt him. If I even see him, he's a dead guy. 

---------- Emery's POV ----------

          Coach put Kenny out to try to score but when he tried to do some crazy trick to split the defense he failed. The Fulton tried to score with one of his crazy slap shots, the goalie  caught the put, keeping us where we were and Iceland in the lead. When Coach put Julie in for Goldberg two Iceland guys skate over to her. I was gonna go and say somthing, but right as I was going to go over towards her I saw Julie shove the two guys making them fall to the ice. How lovely, now Julie's getting kicked from the game for "intent danger". I call bull on that one, ref. Those guys were antagonizing her, I half heard them too. It's not even a fair game at this point now. When Banks scored on the Iceland team, one of the guys hooked his wrist. Sadly, Sasnderson onlhy got 2 minutes for it, yet it was intent danger which Julie ogt kicked for, and it was totally unprevoked, which dean got kicked for.