A Remorseful Father

Stoick

I sighed and looked out over my son and his dragon and thought through what the dragon just said and how I've acted and treated my own child. I blushed as I stood up and said Hiccup you have proven loyalty and bravery two traits I was incapable of considering you had.

Hiccup

I sighed and said I did not face the red Death tyrant for your approval Father. I do not seek your approval any longer. You have wounded me deeper than any of these others and I do not stay for your sake but for my own. One day my mate is correct you will stand before Odin and his Valkarie for you're sake I hope that Odin is blind and has truly been unaware of the transgressions performed by this village from the day my mother was taken till today. I  shifted and said another thing where were you when the other teens would bully and demean me. Where was the father that was entrusted with my care and with the fragile gift of innocence when I needed you when others would violate my innocence and my trust? Where was the chieftain I needed when I was alone crying in the dark because no one cared enough to notice the fact that I was trying to live up to a nearly impossible standard for a toddler? You have never been there when I truly needed you and you only regret it now because you realized I'm not as Useless as you thought. I have been nothing but a  punching bag and a nuisance to all of you except one. Where there were times I deserved to be disciplined absolutely as every child does however should I have been thrown to the wolves and violated beaten and abused no so before you try to apologize keep in mind I have never known you for more than a cold distant authoritarian who would rather save face than admit he is wrong. I sighed and said  Toothless while I'm flattered and honored to be your queen understand that I have nothing to give except a hollow reflection of what I'd have given it's going to take time for me to be even close to a productive and loving mate but I swear I will make every effort to make myself at least half the lover you deserve.

Toothless

I blushed as I heard my mate's speech and nodded and said my love you are everything I could hope for I don't see you as damaged or unfit. You are beautiful and I swear you are and will always be My number one priority even if we should have children adopted or otherwise you can count on me to put your needs before my own. I sighed and turned to stoick and said I would pray if I were you my people do not take kindly to abusive and neglectful parents.