24- The Travel Ban

24

Third POV

Scarlet asks Mia to stay for the last night and Mia accepts her kind offer. Mia finds herself unable to sleep because she's afraid her nipples are gonna get detached again. So she leaves the guest room and wanders around the house with Christian on her chest. He seems like he is not in the mood for sleeping either.

The light of the balcony is on and Mia sees Theo smoking. When she gets closer, he hears her and puts his cigar out. "Hey," he says.

"Hey," Mia says. "I was hoping I could get some alone time with you."

"How did you get the painting to be done? Is that really the ashes of my father?"

"Yes. I vacuumed it all."

"You vacuumed my father?!" His voice rises and he looks as if he is about to explode. "You know, not many people would survive this conversation with me."

"What else could I do?" Mia asks.

He sighs. "I don't know. Not snort him like some cocaine?"

"I'm sorry. Can you hold Christian for a second please? I don't want him to wake Scarlet up. I'll come back."

"You shouldn't trust me with your baby after you confessed to vacuuming my father."

Mia rolls her eyes. "Just a second!"

"I don't know how to hold babies."

"You're seven feet. You can hold him with your pinkie finger. Stay here."

Mia goes to her room and gets back in just a few seconds.

"Here. I made you this." She stretches her hand, gives him a bracelet, and takes Christian from him. He looks at it with hesitation. "I found a small part of your father's ashes by his desk, and I thought you could have it. You hated the painting idea. So you can have it as a bracelet. Or toss the bracelet into the sea and do whatever you like."

He takes it from her and looks at it.

"Just keep it a secret," Mia says. "I didn't make your siblings one."

"You really didn't have to."

She waves her hand off. "It's fine." Mia taps him gently on his shoulder and leaves him alone.

She gets back to the guest room to rest. She has to leave tomorrow and visit the recruiting unit of Whoosh Co. to get a job there. For now, he has agreed to meet with Mia.

Mia changes and looks at her poor nipple. It looks traumatized. Putting her palm on her nipple, she gently squeezes it to see if it hurts. Then she keeps pressuring it so it doesn't fall off again. Someone knocks on the door.

She lets her hands fall off her nipples. "Come in," she says. It's Oliver.

"Hey. Is it a bad time?" he says and she shakes her head.

"No. Come in."

He gets in and closes the door. "I just wanted to thank you for everything. You endured ugly dramas."

"Oh, no. Don't worry."

"I'm being a constant jackass. So, sorry."

"If it was more than I could handle, I would escape."

He smiles. "Are you packing already?" he asks, seeing her suitcase.

"Yes. I should leave soon. I have a job interview."

"Really? Where?"

"At Whoosh."

"Ouch."

"I'm sorry."