Letter 1

"Should these words reach your eyes, know that my presence has vanished from this world."

As Lily set eyes upon the letter, she could no longer contain the tears that had been welling within her for so long.

She almost forgot he liked writing poems. And the notebook! His precious notebook where he wrote his poems, he was giving it to her!

"Marcus," she wept, "why keep such a secret from me? You think ten letters will be enough for all of this?!"

Marcus' mother, who gave her the letters, embraced her tenderly and whispered, "It was my son's final wish. He loved you more than words could express."

Together, they cried and sought solace in each other's embrace, as Lily recalled the first month they met, and started reading the first letter he wrote with all the memories they shared that first month.

Letter one: January

Lily's mind lingered on the boy she had seen on the swing. She didn't know his name nor had ever laid eyes on him before, yet she couldn't shake the feeling of concern for his well-being.

As the winter break drew to a close, classes resumed, and Lily prepared herself for the first day. As she got out to go to school, she noticed several boxes strewn on the entrance of a newly-constructed house.

"Do I have new neighbors?" she wondered, curiosity piqued.

As she walked down the street, she noticed her neighbor stepping out of his house and starting to walk too.

It was the same boy she had met on the swings, but she was too shy to say anything. She followed him, and at first, she thought it was strange that he was going in the same direction as her, but then she realized it could just be a coincidence.

However, she was surprised when he walked into her school and took an empty seat in her classroom.

She could see him more clearly now, in the soft light of the morning- the chiseled lines of his jaw, the messy locks of his black hair, and the piercing blue of his dreamy eyes.

He was undeniably handsome, a sight that left her transfixed as she stared at him. But as their eyes met, memories flooded back and they locked gazes just like they had on that rainy day.

For a moment, she wondered if he remembered her too.

However, before she could dwell on it any longer, her friends joined her and as the class began, Davina leaned over to Lily and whispered, "Hey, did we have any homework over break?"

Lily shook her head and replied softly, "Nope, nothing at all."

Undeterred, Davina continued, "So, how was your winter break? Did you do anything fun?"

"Not really," Lily replied with a shrug, "just spent some time with my family."Davina's eyes lit up as she began to recount her own winter break adventures, but Lily found herself lost in thought, staring absent-mindedly at the new student.

Riley, sitting beside her, noticed Lily's gaze and whispered, "What do you think of the new kid?"

Lily hesitated for a moment before replying, "I don't know. He seems a little cold...and sad."

Meanwhile, Davina was completely enraptured the new student. "He's so handsome," she whispered to Lily, "don't you think?" Before Lily could reply, a sudden sneeze echoed through the classroom, startling everyone.

It was the new student who had sneezed, causing Davina to burst out in a fit of giggles along with the rest of the class.

Some time after, the teacher looked up and asked the new student to introduce himself.
As the new student stood before the class, Lily couldn't help but study his every move.

He was like a mystery waiting to be unravelled, his expressionless face and fluid movements only adding to his enigmatic aura.

Davina, on the other hand, was immediately smitten by the new student, muttering his name under her breath as he introduced himself.

Lily could already tell that her friend had fallen head over heels for him, but she felt a different kind of intrigue. As Marcus spoke, his voice soft and reserved, Lily found herself lost in thought, wondering what secrets lay behind his aloof exterior.

Why was he there in that rainy day? And why did he act like he didn't know her?

Lily was lost in thought, the classroom and the people around her seemed to disappear. It was as if she had been transported to another world, one where only her and her thoughts existed. She was so deep in her own mind that she didn't even realize when the class had ended.

"Lily, come on!" Davina's voice interrupted her thoughts, shaking her out of her trance.

Lily followed her friends to her next class, but her mind was still elsewhere.

As they walked out of the school building, the sky was turning into a warm orange hue as the sun began to set. It was a beautiful sight, but Lily didn't pay much attention to it.

In her piano class, she sat in front of the grand piano, the only light coming from the
dimly lit lamps around her. Mrs. Lu was already nagging her about not practicing enough, but Lily didn't really listen. She was too focused on the music and the stories she imagined they would convey.

In the middle of the lesson, Lily realized she had forgotten some of her music sheets in her classroom. She hurried back, and as she walked in, something caught her eye.

A note, lying on Marcus' table. She hesitated for a moment, but then decided to take a peek.

What she found was something that would distract her throughout the rest of the lesson.

A/N: What do you think of this first chapter? Any predictions on how the story will go? Tell me everything in the comments!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!