Letter 2

Letter two: February

Lily delicately unfolded the note with eager anticipation, her eyes scanned the page, and she was taken aback by the beautifully written poem she discovered.

"In the depths of despair, they reside,
Bound by an undesired fate, unable to hide.
But amid the darkness, a glimmer appears,
An unexpected meeting that dispels their fears.

Once forgotten, their vibrant essence now awakes,
Hope flickers within, as a new path takes shape.
In this encounter, a revelation is unveiled,
A chance to heal wounds, where their spirits are hailed.

Embracing the change, they find a fresh start,
Colors of life reignite within their heart.
No longer resigned, they stand strong and true,
United with others, their struggles they can now undo."

It was a side of Marcus she hadn't expected, a hidden talent that surprised her. It was as if the ink itself had been infused with the soulful melodies of his thoughts.

A surge of emotions engulfed her, a mix of awe, admiration, and a newfound spirit of inquiry.

She couldn't help but wonder how he managed to write so well when he appeared so indifferent about everything else.

Those thoughts, however, were quickly pushed aside as she reminded herself of the need to concentrate on her class. With Mrs. Lu's scolding still fresh in her mind, she tucked the note away and refocused her attention.

When the class finally ended, Lily set off on her way home.

As the day gradually surrendered to the embrace of twilight, Lily stepped out of the classroom and into the refreshing coolness of the night.

The air carried a gentle breeze, sweeping away the remnants of the day's heat and whispering secrets of tranquility.

The cityscape came alive with a symphony of lights, their vibrant glow casting a magical aura upon the bustling streets. She found solace in the stillness, the quietude that enveloped the surroundings, broken only by the distant hum of city life.

With each passing moment, Lily felt the weight of the day's worries melting away, replaced by a sense of calm and anticipation.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lily arrived at her doorstep, her heart lighter and her mind clearer. As she reached for the doorknob, her gaze wandered toward the familiar bench with a familiar person seated on it, bathed in the soft glow of the moon.

It was a spot where she would gaze at the stars, contemplate life, and paint, all those years ago.

Uncertainty welled up within her as she debated whether to approach him or not. Should she seize this opportunity to connect with him, to discuss the poem he had written?

With a mix of nervousness and curiosity, Lily decided to get closer. Her footsteps echoed softly as she cautiously approached the bench, until Marcus finally noticed her presence.

With a soft breath, Lily's voice slipped from her lips like a gentle caress of the night air. "Hey," she whispered, hoping her words would reach his ears.

Silence hung heavy between them, intermingling with the nocturnal sounds that filled the surrounding stillness.

Uncertainty tugged at Lily's thoughts, unsure of how to proceed. She longed to ask about the poem, to uncover the hidden depths of Marcus's creativity, but she didn't want to push him away.

Instead, she made an impulsive decision and settled beside him, allowing the moonlight to guide their shared gaze upward.

In that moment, their eyes met, but Marcus quickly averted his gaze, his eyes suddenly full of an icy coldness gaze.