Chapter 1: A Drive to Protect

Long ago, in Ancient Japan, there were warriors known as Samurai who protected not only their lands, but the ones who ruled them. Some were known, and others were feared. Now, the Samurai live on, but in a different way. For now, the Age of Heroes is upon us. Using special abilities, known as Quirks, they protect everyone while stopping crime. Now, a new generation of heroes will be taught and tested. Among them was a boy named McGarrett Saitama, not to be confused for the one known as "One Punch Man." Saitama was the son of one of the most well-known heroes: Himiko, the Samurai Blade Hero. However, when he was only two months old, she was killed by the most notorious villian known to man: All for One. The other heroes were saddened by her passing, but Saitama needed someone to raise him. That was when the Russian Hero, Maverick, volunteered.

This was five years and two months ago. Now, Saitama is in an elementary school and has a lot of friends, one of them being a green-haired boy named Midoriya Izuku. The two of them were playing and laughing when another boy named Bakugo Katsuki, who Izuku calls Kaa-chan, started approaching them.

"Hey, losers! This playground is for those with quirks only! Get lost!" Bakugo said.

"Lay off, Bakugo! This playground is for everyone!" Saitama said. Bakugo then approached Saitama, activating his Quirk: Explosion.

"You want to end up fried?" He threatened.

"Go ahead and try it." Saitama said. Bakugo went for a punch, but Saitama struck first with a swift punch to the gut that sent Bakugo flying back.

"That was amazing!" Izuku said. Saitama then went stiff and gripped his chest. Bakugo saw this and gasped before running to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Get... a... nurse." Saitama said. He then collapsed and Izuku gasped.

"HELP! WE NEED SOME HELP OVER HERE!!!!" Bakugo yelled. Teachers ran over and looked over Saitama. Eventually, he was taken to a hospital. Maverick was there, and recognized the look on Saitama's face.

'Dear God, no.' He thought.

"Do we know what his quirk is?" A doctor asked.

"Not a clue. He hasn't developed one yet." A Paramedic said.

"Leave him to me." A voice said. They looked and saw the Medical Hero, Doktor.

"Doktor!" Maverick said.

"Zis boy is suffering from Quirk Activation pains. I'll have to perform ze necessary procedures." Doktor said.

"I'll gather the other heroes." Maverick said. Doktor looked at him and gave a nod.

"Do so in haste. I fear ze worst has come, Boris." Doktor said. Maverick's eyes widened at that and he sent out an All Hero Alert.

Within moments of the alert being issued, every hero had shown up at the hospital, save for All Might. All of them had the same look on their faces. Doktor stood in front of them all.

"I apologize for zis," he said, "but ze worst has come. One for All has awakened in Saitama."

"Is it serious?" Maverick asked.

"Extremely." Doktor said.

"How serious?" Another hero asked.

"He's circiling ze drain as ve speak." Doktor said.

"Isn't there something you can do?!" A third hero asked.

"It's risky," Maverick said, "but we can try and save his memories and soul, transferring them into a cybernetic brain and heart."

"You want to turn him into a cyborg?!" A nurse asked.

"No," Doktor said, "his current body is useless. However, ve can put everything that IS him into cybernetic parts, but vith human skin."