Chapter 1

𝑺𝒊𝒙 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒓....

It was a glorious evening at the castle housing the royal family of arsidon. Alonely building on top of the hills overlooking the kingdom and the sea that hides behind the hill. The queen Eleanor who ruled the kingdom of Arsidon for over seventy years passed away 3 months ago. In 3 days time the royal heir princess Alexandra was to be wed to the duke of west Errington and the pair would be coronated in 10 days time. The atmosphere in the castle was busy but also brimming with excitement. Meanwhile in a room at the far end of the castle stood PrincessAlexandra. Her brunette hair was decorated in pearls and her figure was clad in a grand white gown. "It's a wonderful dress, mam. You look absolutely stunning," her maid of honor, Beatrice shone at her reflection, but the princess offered nothing in return but a faint smile. "Are you alright, ma'am?," Beatrice asked, and the princess sighed. As she was about to answer the door is opened announcing the arrival of the duchess Margaret , her mother ."Oh my darling .how wonderful you look" she said upon seeing her daughter. "Are you okay honey? you look pale and unwell," her mother asked moving towards her causing her to glance away out at the ocean through the windows. Her mother sighed looking at her and then said to the staff "could you kindly excuse us for a moment,"and the ladies immediately left the room with a curtsy to the pair. "Are you having second thoughts Alex?,"Beatriceheard the duchess ask. "I am proceeding forth with my decision" she could hear the princess reply as she left the corridor nodding to the guards stationed outside.

 "I am proceeding forth with my decision" she could hear the princess reply as she left the corridor nodding to the guards stationed outside

Castle butler Jonathan was overseeing the castle staff as they prepared the tables for the guests in the banquet hall. "Johnathan did you see Alex anywhere? I've been looking for her." Charles the Duke of Belvoir asked. Johnathan replied "I do not know your grace, Isaw her walking to the gardens an hour ago". In the meantime, duchess Dorsetta, having overheard the conversation responded, "I spotted her by the lake earlier .She looked quite upset .She said it was just the nerves though. Afterall, It is not only the wedding that she has to worry about, but also the coronation. It must be overwhelming for Alex at the moment. Charles nodded in understanding. He sighed and said, "I should go and check on her." With that, Charles hurried off to the garden to find Alex." Such a darling boy he is. Always wishing the highest happiness for everyone," she said to herself as she watched him walk away. Johnathan resumed his chores and in forty-five minutes the table was overflowing with food of all kinds and the gong was sounded to announce dinner to the residing guests .The guests soon started filling into the hall taking their respective seats talking amongst themselves and marvelling at the many dishes presented before them . They waited for a member of the royal family to join before indulging in the food .Ten minutes later the doors were opened in arrival of duke Charles who apologetically took his seat at the head of the table. "I am so sorry to have kept you all waiting . I have been asked to convey her highnesses apology as she has excused herself from dinner owing to some unfinished preparations regarding the wedding .I have also been informed that my aunt duchess Margaret is not feeling well and may not join us this evening if she does not feel any better .So I shall be hosting this dinner .Now let's get started,"he says as he begins to eat. They converse among themselves about the wedding and the coronation yet to happen.Fifteen minutes in, duchess Margaret enters the room and settles down beside Charles. "My apologies for the delay" she apologized. "Its quite alright Margaret. You have been working relentlessly for days now .Not to mention your only daughter is getting married. Who would not be tired. Are you doing well now margaret? Charles mentioned you were ill,"Duchess Eloise who was Charles mother asked. "I am still very exhausted, but I suppose there is nothing to be done about it," said Margaret with a shrug as she tried to cut her steak but finding it hard owing to her shaking hands finally her knife was dropped to the ground ."Oh my god Margaret! You really are ill. Did you not have lunch?" Asked duchess Dorsetta her tone laced with worry. "I did not get the time. I had to go see the priest regarding the wedding." Duchess Margaret said annoyed by her own poor health. "Its alright aunty Mar!You should not put yourself at risk for these matters.You should rest tomorrow.We are all here to aid the preperations.You need not worry about it now."Charles said replacing her knife from the ground smiling kindly."Thank you Charles.I may have to rest tomorrow .It is a releif to have you here."Duchess Margaret replied thankfully.Once the supper was done everyone retired to their respective tasks.Some retiring to their rooms and some to the parlor for a game of poker.

It was after half an hour that their peaceful retreat was broken by a shrill scream that shocked them all to their core."It was from upstairs," King Hans said as they rushed upstairs from where they heard the scream. Theysaw the princess' maid of honor standing in the open doorway crying. "What is it Beatrice?," Duke Charles asked stepping up to her to which she wordlessly stepped away in response leading everyone to gasp as they saw the figure lying on the marble floor. King Hans and the others froze, their eyes widening in horror at the gruesome sight of Princess Alexandra lying on the cold marble floor. Blood was pooling around her lifeless body. Duke Charles stepped forward, his eyes widening in horror as he took in the horrific scene before him. Princess Alexandra lay dead, murdered in brutal violence. As she lay drenched in her own blood, her ruby-encrusted crown lay beside her mocking the fallen queen. 

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒!! 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒷𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝑜 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝑔𝑔𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈.𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒷𝓎 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔.𝐼 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓁𝑜𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃.𝒮𝑜 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓃𝑜𝓌 :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ PS: Also i know the characters are confusing and hard to keep up with. So ill give a small character introduction next

                                                                                                                                                                                      - Sofia ♥