a new beginning.

hey guys <3

...

neteyams pov

i woke up with extremely dry eyes, my throat dehydrated, and a really bad headache. when i heard my alarm clock go off i  started turning.. and turning.. and turning.. till i realized it doesnt go off by itself, its very unusual for me not to get up immediately, but yesterday was stressful. we moved all the way from costa rica to awa'atlu. i turned one more time till i started searching around for my phone on my nightstand, eventually hitting it and clicking the STOP button of my alarm.

i grabbed my phone and sat up, i turned it on and saw the time "6:23"  i rolled my eyes at the realization of me waking up late, i hate waking up late and having stressful mornings. i put my phone back on my nightstand, and finally started getting up, i threw the blanket off my lap onto the bed. i took a few stretches and made my way over to my large window, i drifted the curtains open only to be met with a bright, golden sunrise. 

the brightness of the sun made me squint my eyes so i quickly walked away to my closet, i opened the sliding door and started looking for some clothes, i grabbed a basic pair of black baggy cargo's, a basic white shirt, dark green sweatshirt jacket and some basic bracelets and necklaces. the bracelets are either gold or made from beads, my necklaces are made out of beads and silver. i check myself out in the mirror real quick and then make my way out of my room.

i go into the bathroom i share with kiri to already see her there, dressed up in a long midi skirt with a green flower pattern and to that a green tank top, doing her skincare. "good morning" i say, giving her a pat on the shoulder. "morning" she says back, i can tell shes tired but hey, im too.

i turn on the faucet and give my face a quick rinse.

after that i opened my drawer and started rambling for some sunscreen, its been quiet hot the past days so i dont wanna risk sunburns neither wrinkles, i grab the tube and squirt a bit on it on my hand, i close the lid and put the sunscreen back where it was and close the drawer. i rub the sunscreen a bit together on my hands and rub it all on my face now.

"kiri is it okay if i borrow some moisturizer? mines empty" i ask my sister whos still standing next to me, doing her skincare. she looks back at me and nods, giving me a small smile. i grab the moisturizer which is next to her other skincare products and open the lid, i take a bit of it with my index finger and apply it on my cheeks, my chin and forehead. i rub it all together and close the lid back.

after brushing my teeth and fixing my braids i eventually made my way downstairs into the kitchen where  loak and kiri where already sitting at the island counter on stools. i made my way to a kitchen drawer where i grabbed myself a plate and from another drawer i grabbed a fork. i made my way over to the stove where a pan was with some freshly made scrambled eggs in it. finally 10 minutes before we have to leave i finally got to eat my eggs, i practically inhaled my  scrambled eggs, i didn't even bother to add any spices like salt to them.

i got up from my stool and practically threw my dishes into the sink, obviously being careful that they wont break. i wanted to reach out for my phone to check the time only to realize i left it upstairs. kiri and loak were already sitting on the floor, shoes on, with their backpacks next to the front door so now i really have to hurry. i groaned in the realization that we're probably super late, i took a deep breath and ran up the stairway, running across 2 hallways to get over to my bedroom, i slammed my bedroom door open and jumped over to my bed and grabbed my phone. it lid up "07:17"  oh my gosh, we should have gone 10 minutes ago, our drive is 10 minutes and school starts at 45 past, i groaned.. again.