ɪɴᴛʀᴏ [ᴀ]: 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

A little later in the summer when the sun's heat was merciful, and early in the evening when the light blanketed over the neighbourhood with a warm, honey glow—
Chan, in a moment of muted reflection, closed his heavy eyelids to the gentle rustle of the leaves and the faint giggles carried on by the wind from the lawn to the porch where he was currently sitting.

His younger brother Jisung was only 13 at the time, roughhousing in the grass with his little friend Changbin, who was about a year younger than him.

They had been inseparable ever since they first met about two years ago, and their loud, joyous friendship quickly became the best part of Chan's day; what he loved coming home to.

Changbin's mother had come over to introduce herself back then, with a moving truck rumbling in the background, men noisily unloading furniture to the house just across the street from Chan's.

"Oh, hello there! Changbin, baby, say hi.
Hi, We just moved in here!"

She was young and undoubtedly pretty, batting her lashes flirtatiously and 'discreetly' shrugging down her sleeves and exposing more of her cleavage while taking Chan's hand in hers to squeeze.

Playing with her dark locks as he looked up at him and laughing a little too hard at his pointless banter; Chan, having been a heart-throb since he was 17 and ageing like the finest wine deep into adulthood, was teetering between amusement and disgust at her obvious display.

In the meantime, Changbin had sprinted across the street to hide behind the moving truck the moment he saw his mother was distracted, though Chan's eyes followed the rather small boy with muted curiosity, far more interested in his antics than flirting back.

The shy boy peered from behind the truck with his little brows furrowed in a mix of worry and fear, his lips almost trembling upon meeting Chan's gaze.

Changbin had always been nervous around the older man, terrified even.
The reminiscent thought made Chan smile.

Chan remembered those early days vividly, with less fond memories resurfacing right after, her dark eyes looking up at him, brimming with hot tears, the gagging and gasping; the two adults had eventually managed an intimate moment or two despite themselves,

but she was never really Chan's type.

He wasn't hers either, and they moved on from that just fine. Regardless of them having no romantic interest in one another, Chan ended up becoming quite the father figure for her son, taking an interest in the boy ever since he noticed how his sulky, troublesome brother Jisung actually began smiling around the house for a change, gushing about Changbin every chance he got.