Chapter 24

Eight hours later…

"So is everyone in position?" Leo looked back to see his brothers and mate behind him in the shadows. He received several confirmations including a sarcastic comment from Ikkou that he opted to ignore. Ikkou was insufferable without Akio by his side, Leo was quite glad he wasn't dealing with the twin instead it fell to Saki, Splinter and Alopex. 

The plan was to sneak into TCRI and locate the bomb, the three scientists of the group would look to insert the gas into the bomb which once it was high enough in the atmosphere would detonate. Bringing life back to the city. Easier said than done because the bomb would have to be manually exploded and any former mutant would risk returning back to their original state. As in, their animal side would come out and there is a chance of them not returning back to humans. Ikkou volunteered Splinter who almost whacked him for that comment, Saki didn't say anything except step in between. They would figure it out when it came to it. For now they had to break into TCRI, without being caught. 

On top of that, it would seem the price on Raphael's head had trebled. Everyone was being careful knowing if they were spotted by any Kraang or Crux Clan, they would have to vanish which was harder than they said, especially with a wolf's nose. 

Currently, Ikkou was trying to contact his baby brother who was elsewhere in a heated battle with the leader of the Crux Clan and Acronix, the two fighting the fox while the Kraang set up a trap. Yes, the Kraang had managed to capture the three, placing them in a fighting room. It was two against one for a while until the machines turned on them and they had to defend each other. Dantzer certainly didn't like it but it gave him time to pass a message onto Akio who got it despite their weakness, the two knew what they had to do. 

"Leo, we are ready to go in 3…2…1" 

April's voice went silent on all channels as they entered TCRI, a building they had been in far too many times. Karai and some of the mighty mutanimals were leading the footbots and foot clan from Japan around the city protecting any citizens. April's group consisted of Casey, Rockwell and Leatherhead. Even the 'Chess Set' as Ikkou nicknames the utroms were helping out in the fight plus the fugitoid was a backup in case anything went wrong with the scientists.

Silently the four slipped into the building in front of them, they knew it like the back of their hands. Each group moved silently. None of them aware that Raphael's necklace was glowing under his many layers, an old tracker had woken up. Originally Aruma's spirit would keep it hidden but with the tiger not at his son's side, an evil from afar had woken up.

It was about ten minutes into their mission when Raph stumbled, his head was spinning. He heard the faint foreign voice, unfamiliar to him, telling him to leave the place. A hand wrapped around his waist pulling him into a firm chest, he looked up to see Mikey, who watched him worry. Raph only nodded in thanks as the two waited for Donnie to open a door, Leo hadn't noticed his stumble. Raph was quite delighted about knowing his mate was paranoid enough. Yes, they weren't reptiles anymore but they were definitely lovers but preferred the term mate. So they continued to use it.

"Almost there, Donnie. You in position" April's whisper again appeared, "Two minutes out, we should have control of the cameras soon" Donnie replied back, he received a small confirmation. Mikey stood beside their hothead who was equally bored. 

"Mikey, Raph, let's go" Leo's voice snapped the two out of their staring game. With a huff Mikey followed while Raph took a minute as it was almost like eyes were watching his every move. 

"Raph" Leo's commanding tone had him looking up as he hurried to catch up, the leader in blue checked over him twice with his eyes as they hid in the shadows of the rafters.