Chapter 1

Your pov:
"Hey. Hello? Are you even listening to me?" I shut my locker door before looking at my best friend, Harper.
"No I'm sorry, what did you say?" Harper gave me a tight-lipped smile before opening her mouth to speak.

"So Mr Simmons left, we're getting a new history teacher."
"No way. Really?"
"Yep." Harper interlocked her arm with mine as we walked down the hall.

The hall was surprisingly quiet. No chatter, no boys screaming or fighting or people making out. We both walked over to our homeroom class with only two minutes to spare.
We both chose our seats in front before settling and putting our bags down.

"I wonder who this new teacher is. I hope the teacher is like a hot dilf, ooh, like Chris Evans or something."
"Oh my god Harper, Chris? Really?" I slapped her on the arm while laughing at her statement. She just shrugged her arms with a mischievous grin printed onto her face.
"You know what they say, save a horse, ride a cowboy, I sure wouldn't mind riding him." I slap her arm once again before we began conversing about something else.

People began piling into the room, taking their seats in the available chairs. About 5 minutes later, our homeroom teacher walked in.

Mrs Danvers sauntered into the room, placing her stuff in their allocated places before turning her attention to us. I always admired her. She had a very confident yet humble personality hence she was my favorite teacher. Mrs Danvers offered all of us a smile before introducing herself to a few unfamiliar faces.

"Alright, so I want everyone to come and get their timetables. I'm assuming you all are aware of the subjects you chose so what you can do is just highlight your classes. Alright cool."

Harper stood up to go get two timetables for us before we both sat together to see what our timetable looked like.

"Why do we have biology almost every day in the morning?" I groaned and Harper laughed.
"Why do we have math four times a day on Friday?" I closed my eyes, my hand rubbing my temple, just thinking of all the homework and workloads I'd be given.
"Ooh, we have History the last period today."
"That's exciting," I spoke while we both highlighted our classes.

Homeroom eventually ended and since it was the first day of the new school year, we all had to go to the assembly hall. Harper and I both sat next to each other before waiting for the rest of our friends to walk in. David and Kelly both walked together before they sat next to us.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick. Save my spot." Harper nodded and I got up before walking to the bathroom. The hall was getting crowded by the minute so I had to walk fast if I didn't want all eyes on me by the time I got back.

As I made my way out of the room, I accidentally bumped into someone.
" Oh, I'm so sorry Miss, I-" my eyes finally landed upon the figure. Words were cut off by how utterly gorgeous the person was. This woman looked me up and down before she scoffed and walked past me.

Her strong perfume was so intoxicating that I had to turn around just to catch one more glimpse of her before I left the assembly hall to go to the bathroom.

Once I was back, the hall was decently packed, but the principal hadn't started his speech yet. I sat down next to Harper, looking for the mysterious woman I'd bumped into a while ago.
"Who are you looking for?" Harper asked me, seemingly noticing my distraction.
"Oh no one, just scanning new faces." That was all I said before the principal walked onto the stage.

"Well it is very pleasant to see new faces and of course familiar ones. Welcome to our school. We look forward to this new school year and I hope it will be one of great successes for not only you but the school as well." The principal welcomed us, his speech going on for about 20 minutes.