𝔽𝕀𝕃𝕄𝔼𝔻 𝔹𝔼𝔽𝕆ℝ𝔼 𝔸 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼 𝕊𝕋𝕌𝔻𝕀𝕆 𝔸𝕌𝔻𝕀𝔼ℕℂ𝔼 𝟜

"Who could that be?" Wanda stands up again.

"Coming!" Vision calls.

They open de door to Agatha with a pineapple in her hand. "Oh, you didn't answer the back door. For your upside-down cake." She hands the pineapple to Wanda and then notices the other people in the room. "Oh! Hi, I..." Wanda lets the door fall close before Agatha can say anything more.

"Who was that?" Mr Heart questions.

"A salesman!" Wanda answers at the same time her husband answers. "Telegram!"

"A man selling telegrams." Vision tries to cover it up.

"Wouldn't you know it? Good news is more expensive." Wanda speaks.

"I couldn't find the lobsters and did you want the meat tender or pulverized?" Vision questions his wife.

"Oh, dear." She takes the towel out of his hands and goes into the kitchen.

"Well. I think tonight's going swimmingly. Anyone for Parcheesi?" Vision tries to lighten the mood. He really wishes Laverna was here with her people skills, but she is in the kitchen helping his wife.

"My head is spinning." Ms Hart makes her way over to the couch.

"Oh, Mrs Hart..." Vision fans her with his hand.

"Did you hear that? My wife's head is spinning. Generally speaking, I don't like her head to do that."

In the kitchen, Wanda and Laverna are looking at the ingredients that are left. "Time to improvise," Laverna concludes.

"Yes, dear." Wanda takes a pan and sighs, thinking about all the recipes she knows.

"You know, I'm beginning to think you're not management material, Vision. You know, I had high hopes for you." While Mr Hart talks, Wanda opens the window to the living room with her powers and lets the food float on the table. "But from what I've seen here tonight, you can barely keep it together. I mean, look around. There's all this chaos going on in your household. Now, when are we gonna eat?"

"Dinner is served," Wanda calls from behind him. Laverna is standing beside her.

"Ah!" Vision throws his hands up.

"Breakfast for dinner? How very..."

"European." His wife says when he can't find the word he is looking for.

"Ooh! Let's have a toast! To my lovely and talented wife." Vision picks up one of the wine glasses from the table. The Harts copy his actions.

"To our esteemed guests," Wanda speaks.

"Yes. Cin cin."

They all toast with each other. Laverna does not like wine so she quickly changes it to grape juice with her magic.

"Cheers."

"Well, please eat before it gets cold." Wanda gestures for them to sit.

"Mrs. Hart, allow me." Vision pulls out the chair for her.

"So, where did you two move from? What brought you here? How long have you been married?" Ms Hart bombards them with questions.

"Ahh," Wanda only stares into blank space, not able to give answers and seemingly spacing out.

Laverna looks at Vision for help.

"I think what my wife means to say is that we moved from..." Vision tries to cover, but he can't find the answer.

"Yes, we moved from..." Wanda speaks but is also unable to find a place.

"And we were married..."

"Yes, yes, we were married in..."

"Well? Moved from where? Married when?" Mr Hart questions.

Laverna is looking at Wanda and Vision for answers, she also doesn't know these answers.

"Now, patience, Arthur. They're setting up their story. Let them tell it."

Laverna looks at Ms Hart, something about this statement feels weird.

"We... Our story..." Wanda chuckles nervously.

"Yes, what exactly is your story?" Mr Hart questions again. He starts to wear Laverna's patience thin. She wishes he would just eat and shut up.

"Oh, just leave the poor kids alone." His wife defends them again.

"No, really, I mean, I think it's a perfectly simple question. Honestly. Why did you come here? Why?" He slams his hand on the table. "Damn it, why? Why did you..." He starts choking on his food.

"Oh, Arthur, stop it. Stop it." Ms Hart chuckles. "Stop it." She looks around nervously. "Stop it. Stop it." Mr Hart continues choking while Laverna and Wanda watch him shocked, Vision just looks around, confused about what he should do. "Stop it." Ms Hart speaks in a playful tone, but her face says something else. "Stop it. Stop it. Stop it." She looks around nervously and continues to say the same two words. "Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it."

Mr Hart falls from his chair to the floor.

Wanda looks at her husband, before saying in a monotone voice. "Vision, help him."

Vision gets up and kneels beside his boss. He reaches into his body and takes out the food he is choking on.

"Let me help you up. Give me your hand. All right, steady on, sir."

"Well, would you look at the time?" His wife quickly swallows the bite of food in her mouth, wipes her hands and also stands up. "Yes. We'd better be going."

"Well... Are you both all right?" Wanda questions.

Laverna stays seated before her manners kick in and she goes to stand by Wanda.

"We had such a lovely time." Ms Hart goes up behind Wanda and covers her eyes, just like she did earlier. "This guest is leaving your home."

Wanda grabs her hand and shakes it. "Yes, thank you for coming." Ms Hart, Wanda and Laverna walk up to the door.

"You made me proud tonight, son. First thing Monday morning, you and me are gonna have a little chat. We'll see about that promotion." Mr Hart and Vision shake hands.

"Yes, sir! Thank you, sir!" Vision says enthusiastically.

Wanda opens the door for the couple.

"Thank you." Mr Hart says and walks out. His wife follows but stops when she notices the lobster hanging on the door. "Oh... What a charming door knocker." She knocks with it at the door two times. "Good night!"

Laverna closes the door behind her. All three people immediately sigh with relief.

"We are an unusual couple, ya know?" Wanda walks over to her husband.

Laverna goes over to the dishes and teleports them into the kitchen where she goes to wash them. She could use her magic, but right now she's had enough of it for tonight and wants to give the couple some space. 

☞✌︎☜

Well, hello there friends. I am back with this story. I hope you still read it and until next time, see ya. =)