prologue

Word Count: 1, 451 words

Prologue: 人算不如天算

---

If one day the world will be told of the reason as to why the Avatar had disappeared and left the world astray is not because of fate, would they believe the person who had orally passed it on?

That the negligence of a 16 year old teenager who had lived her life through thousands of years in another world was the sole reason why the Avatar had been gone for a century.

This wouldn't be the case, right?

Everything has significance in this world, in the human and spirit realm, everybody had a place to be and people to see. Basically, everybody and everything had something to do.

How come there was this unbothered girl who was just that, unbothered to care more or less at the battle of the human world, just unbothered to move at her own pace and match the preceding steps of the man before her?

"Natsuko, how long will it take for you to brood over nonsense?" he kept a fair amount of distance between them as the younger pair had just been talked of once again.

This man was walking the stone paths in the realm of spirits both known well to mankind and those who are unironically feared of for their unknown nature.

Spirits had places to go, just like everything in this world, they weren't given a place for "the higher caliber of spirits", how come this young lady persisted to follow the first Avatar of the well known cycle.

"For whatever reason had you thought of my normal face be as brooding as it already is?" Natsuko replied gingerly with hands behind the small of her back.

Wan was a person who knew many things from his time in this realm, he can never leave his presence elsewhere when many had been seeking out for the Lost Avatar.

And just as coincidence is, Natsuko was being unfair to be dealt with, seeming that she had been traversing across time through her short life span of 16.

It's another story for another chapter of the book of what we call "life".

Natsuko had been extremely vocal with her incessant jabbering of how the spirits who had been physically down there hadn't had the slightest idea of being effective to their Missing Avatar crisis.

"Please Natsuko, we just have to ask where had you left your trail with?"

Whilst Wan was the first Avatar, she was fused with the Spirit of the Avatar, to awaken Vaatu from within another's body using her own light, she hadn't been following her serious task in hand.

Not that she doesn't have it grasped in her hand like an unfamiliar instrument, she just didn't want to be burdened with what it already was.

Her destiny has been fulfilled and she had reached the pinnacle of her significance, she already sacrificed herself for the betterment of the world.

Without her, Wan wouldn't be able to grow to the man and the Avatar he was known to be today. Yes, you're welcome, now leave her be.

Her constant questioning of how the spirits worked on the different side of the spectrum was already a handful, you had no business for it whatsoever.

It's really hard to come by with but one should be able to understand it better when they grow older.

It wasn't that she already had been able to handle the duties of being someone who has been disregarded as a sidekick when she is much more than that.