chapter i

Word Count: 1, 855 words

Chapter I: 血浓于水

---

She was lost.

To put more credit to her journey in the human world, she had accidentally showed herself in the worst place where a large body of warm water was, somewhere where she desperately had to swim up for water before she could freeze all over.

To die from drowning is probably common for uncommon dwellers but it wasn't like she could die, she was a spirit after all. She could've been dead for a long time and no one would notice. But after trying to breathe while under water made her sinuses sting, definitely not spirit-like at all.

And she did not blame it on the dragon who dropped her on the water, she couldn't blame anything on animals, they are too good for the worlds and nothing is their fault.

She continuously swam up to the surface level until she saw open space and practically did a Little Mermaid before breathing in the air. Force of habit.

After hoisting herself up the land she was in, she had laid herself down the dirty ground.

Breathing was a gift everyone takes advantage of and her lungs needed that gift, so she did.

"Sand?" the grains felt foreign to her fingers, it wasn't the first time she saw sand but to feel it on her entire soaked body was not a feeling she was not even the slightest fine with.

One and two breaths afterwards, she closed her eyes and lost consciousness of the world around her.

Her eyes closed and opened the path to her mind to connect with her other halfs. The first to greet her was Wan, who had been surprised that she managed to make contact already.

"Have you found him yet?" the hope in his voice was just pouring all over which she didn't take lightly.

"I would like to think so." Natsuko began rolling her shoulder blades that was turning soar from paddling to dry land, "I still have no idea where I am at the moment."

"You passed out the moment you arrived?" Natsuko knew it would ellicit some kind of dumbfounded reaction from Wan, "You're too careless."

"Wan, I didn't have the pleasure to pass out the moment I arrived, I could have drowned." she looked at Wan who still had that look on his face, "The last time I checked, the Avatar fell on a body of water, I can't keep swimming down there."