extra.

Word Count: 2,260 words

EXTRA. 間歇

Notes: The italics are from Katara's diary in The Bridge from The Lost Adventures.

---

Ba Sing Se has fallen. We've taken shelter with Dad in Chameleon Bay, but time is running out. The Fire Nation will find us eventually, and our ships can barely sail, let alone fight.

Natsuko opened her eyes in a jolt, her head about to split in two with all the banging it was doing. Managing to stand up after a few minutes of the entire world revolving around her, in fact the place has been more, remote, ever since she last came to the place with all forms of physical and other components of her.

"I'm back."

Alone and in the Spirit Realm.

The Spirit Realm wasn't suffocating despite the lack of air, was soft despite the jagged rocks below her, making her feet wet despite it being soaked underwater, chilling despite the sweat beadings on her forehead to neck.

This wasn't the first place she had in mind when she was able to come back to the Spirit World because, just like every person, she would've loved to see the aesthetically pleasing sights of a visit instead of being alone in a dangerous zone. A few steps from the last place she met Koh, she didn't have the willpower to meet Koh, nor the intentions to do so.

And yet, she still travelled inwards the cave, down below where darkness has never been dark before.

Without the Avatar, our future is bleak. After Azula's attack, Aang fell back into an unconscious state and Natsuko hasn't showed herself to us ever since.

"What a pleasant surprise to find you back on my humble abode."

The spirit of the Face Stealer appeared to her, a smile on his face as if he could feel the heartbeat of the girl in front of him beating against the cave he lived long for.

"A bit earlier too."

It wasn't a lie if she was not really looking for another problem to arise in travelling back with the emotions she had twice showed from adrenaline rushing through her after a long battle. She didn't want to be present in the eyes of someone like Koh.

"Are you frightened?"

Natsuko snapped back at him, slipping away from her emotionless facade for even the slightest that made Koh look at her with manic in his eyes and mouth before blinking and showing to her as the screaming monkey. She didn't give any emotion of disdain or fear from him when he appeared to her of another face, making him more and more elated at the fight the spirit before him was giving herself credit for.

"What do you need me for, Koh?"

He blinked once again and showed to her as Ummi, her brows threatening to furrow at the sight of a lost loved one, knowing very well how close she was to be the next to lose.

"You humans are so pitiful with your emotions. Always in a race with time, but time and time again always prevails."

His tone sounded more ecstatic rather than pity and one look to Ummi and it was worse than she had imagine.

"And time has catched up with you."

If I'm such a great healer, why won't he wake up? How can I even hope things will change when I have no faith in myself? Even after Natsuko had faith in me?