Chapter 28 - The A Team

Paul asked Constantine and Shaun for some privacy, he and Adam had things to talk about. Shaun was more than happy to oblige, watching them officially bond, had creeped him out.  The expected rejection had turned into an acceptance and he had no words to explain how strange it all seemed. What happened to courtship, dating, and falling in love? Booommmm!!! from one minute to the next, they're a thing. He was quickly discovering how different Lycans were from humans.

Shaun struggled to get out of bed, trying to do the simplest things was still so difficult.  He saw Constantine come around the bed and put his hand up to stop him.

"If you try to carry me again, I swear I'm going rip off your testicles and use them as my change purse." Shaun yelled. It was the first thing that came to mind as he slapped him away. It was his mother's favourite line when he annoyed her, it sounded better coming from her. He didn't want to give Constantine a reason to touch him again.

He eventually wriggled to the edge of the bed and held on to the bedside table until some feeling returned to his legs. He inched sideways and reached for the dresser with his fingertips and managed to get to it without falling. He let out a sigh of frustration.

"Can you open the door," Shaun grumbled as he tried to reach from the dresser to the doorknob but couldn't quite make it. Constantine strolled to the door and looked at it.

"This door? This one right here?" He gave Shaun a perplexed look. "I didn't hear, please."

Adam gingerly pushed himself further up against the pillows putting as little pressure as possible on his bandaged hands. Watching the banter between the two momentarily distracted him from the pain of moving.  Since waking he realised almost every part of his body hurt.  His brother had been very thorough.

"PLEASE!!!" Shaun yelled. There was a smirk on Constantine's face as he moved in slow motion to open the door. Well look at that,  Adam mumbled.  He never realised Constantine had a sense of humour.  Three years he had lived with him and he barely remembered him smiling. 

Constantine tested the doorknob, looking at Shaun.   If it wasn't for the fact that his human friend was in pain he would have let the teasing continue, it was entertaining. But Shaun's face was growing a rich purple and his legs were starting to wobble, it was definitely no fun for him.

"Constantine stop teasing him and open the door," Adam ordered flatly. Getting comfortable had tired him out and he was breathless.

"...and you." Pointing at Shaun who was now clutching the dresser for dear life. "...accept his offer of help, you obviously need it." Before Shaun had time to object Constantine picked him up and carried him out of the room to the lounge where Barnes, Santo and Cyrus were deep in conversation. They all turned to look at the arguing couple.

Shaun hated the fact that the werewolf picked him up like he was a waif, when he was a strong adult male, above average height, and weighed...well...probably more than he should. He was definitely renewing his gym membership.

"That's it, you're in for it now." He gave up trying to wrestle free. If you can't win one way, you try another.

Constantine smirked. "Do your worst human."  Confident that he could control a mere human.

Shaun stuck his finger in his mouth and slobbered over it and pushed it in Constantine's ear. "Is this history in the making? Are you the first werewolf to get a wet willy?"

"Ahh....get that out of my ear." Constantine went around in a circle trying to pull his head away while Shaun held him in a headlock and enthusiastically twisted his sloppy wet finger in his ear.