Chapter 60 2 days 3 weeks and 3 months - Part 4 Adam isn't taking anymore Shit.

The story has come to an end and I want to thank the readers who have supported the story and voted on every chapter as the updates got posted.   I should have kept a list of the names but I didn't.  You know who you are.  Thank you.  I hope you enjoyed the story and the ending leaves you feeling good about the characters.  Smithy

3 months  -  St Julian's Bay, Malta

Adam pulled himself out of the pool and grabbed his towel. His back, arm and leg muscles felt the familiar satisfying stretch that only comes from doing laps. He couldn't remember the last time he'd enjoyed a swim so much. The days and weeks were passing quickly and he was losing track of time. Was it only three months since they left OZ, it seemed a lifetime ago? Giving his hair one last rub he tossed the towel over his shoulder and headed back to his table, oblivious to the eyes on him.

The female guests lounging around the pool with their bottle tans and micro bikinis watched the beautiful creature in a wet t-shirt and long board shorts stride across the patio, he was the embodiment of all their fantasies. The T-shirt clung to his biceps, pecs and abs, while the soft cloth of his shorts wrapped around his muscled thighs and accentuated the curve of his backside and crutch, molding his form underneath in the most erotic way. They enjoyed the view, seeing everything but nothing, imagining. From Adam's perspective, he'd simply worn his usual swimming gear which covered as many of his scars as possible. It never entered his mind he was desirable.

Under the shade of a huge stripped umbrella, he sagged into the chair and lazily took in the view across the pool and out over the small bay. They'd arrived in Malta the night before, and after a taxi ride that was more like a grand prix race, they'd arrived at their hotel in St Julian's.  They had a room overlooking the bay and enjoyed their first evening meal on the balcony watching the fireworks and the nightlife streaming in different directions.  The streets were packed with tourists, the restaurants full of customers, and music floated up to them until the early hours. It was as different from Ovington Square as night was from day.  They finally went to bed and slept like babes, happy with their destination choice.  

Adam's eyes moved over the other tables and sunbeds scattered around the pool. If he were to take a guess he'd say they were mostly Brits, mostly females of a certain age. It wasn't the sort of hotel that catered for families, you needed to have serious money to stay there.  It took Adam a moment to realise a couple of women were smiling hopefully back at him.  He quickly turned his attention back to his laptop. 

Adam forced himself to concentrate, he needed to work out some new strategies and recoup the large chunk of his wealth he'd used before leaving London.  Not wanting Paul to notice, Adam was trying to do it discreetly.  It was rare that they weren't together so he was making the most of the time Paul went on his long runs.

A shadow fell across the table. Looking up he smiled at the young waiter standing in front of him.

"Would you like another drink, Sir?" The waiter waited politely.  Adam wondered how many times a day he said the same thing.

"Why not? No ice this time please." The waiter returned the smile with one of his own, a little too big and as fake as most of the tans around the pool. 

Collecting the empty glass he went back towards the outdoor bar on the other side of the long rectangular pool. Adam watched him walk away. For a male, he had a little too much sway to his stride and the trousers were too tight. The waiter was to everything, there was no subtly to his good looks. He was attractive but not handsome.  Adam noticed all the waiters were alike as if the job required them to be young, swarthy, toned and available.  He often found himself comparing men to Paul, no one came close.  His mate was perfect.