liar

"give me some time please" she requested but her mother questioned in confusion "you still need time?" in response to her mother's question she just hummed.

"wh -it's ok dear... We clearly understand" her mother was about to question her but mrs. Chauhan said in between and gave a small yet soft smile. Hearing her words she smiled too and said "thank you" politely.

__________

Priyanshi's pov

I was in my room sitting on the edge of the bed headboard. totally zoned out not even aware of what's happening.

A knock on the door made me come to earth. "you don't have to knock maa" i said firmly.

Maa enters the room with disappointment on her face. She sat right infront of me "why do you need time?" she questioned again.

"maa!... You know i can't just jump into any conclusion right" i wince at her, getting irritated for repeating the question.

"but when vikram proposed to you. You said yes right at the spot.. Wasn't that jumping on the conclusion.. Huh?" she snapped at me

Ok i know i just directly jumped on it by saying yes that day but how can i not accept him knowing i loved him.

The best day of my life. The day he proposed me on my farewell day infront of whole students. I still remember we were at the club with the whole batch. All girls were drooling over him and me being jealous. But then he stood in middle of the dance floor, kneeled down and said that he wanted me to be his girlfriend, that he loved me, he would never leave me. I felt like i was the most happiest  person in the world and i said yes to him.
But look here we are...

"you know we broke up maa.." i said as i don't have any energy left to agrue.
"yes i know that he cheated on you and broke up" she cried out fumming in anger.

Getting no response from my side. She just let out a big sigh before saying any other word. "how do you know them?" she said

I looked at her but remained silent but initially spoke out "i met them at a friend's party" i answered her trying not to show my nervousness. "which friend?" she knitted her brows. "i have one friend" i said while trying my best not to look at her.

"which one because i don't know any of your friend who have connections with such rich family"

She's right. My all friends are middle class and i don't have much friends.

"a collegue" i replied.

"is that true" she said.

I stood up still looking away and said "yes maa.." "but" her words got cut by me saying "maa i have to go."
"huh?" she said being confused. "yeah.. Look it's already 5:30 and i have to reach home" i blurt out.

"home?" she said annoyingly and i just hummed which made her more annoyed and she said "fine then.. Go"

"yeah.. Bye maa" i picked my bag and rushed out as i finally escaped from her questions.