The Old Friend

Wrapping the bathrobe around my body when I heard the faint sound of my phone's incoming ringtone as I walked out of the bathroom and then towards the bed.

I took the phone and checked the caller id which created a massive smile on my lips. It's Rihaan.

I excitedly accepted the call and answered it
"Hello little girl" the guy from the line spoke.

"rascal" I replied chuckling while I shook my head and earned one from him too.

"How are you doing," he asked.
"Hmmm... What do you want a truth or a lie" I kidded.
"it depends" he replied
"Yes it does on what you want to hear," I said bolding the you word.

"uh... a truth," he said.
"ok. I'm absolutely fine" I said while a big grin popped on my face.

A laugh can be heard from the other side of the line but then his voice suddenly changed into a serious one.

then he said "ok jokes aside. Now tell me how have you been" There was a hint of worry in his voice but I intentionally shrugged it off saying  "I'm fine Rihaan. I seriously am" in a confident voice to assure him.

He just hummed in reply with a heavy sigh.
There was dissatisfaction in his voice like he doesn't like that response.

"so are you coming to the reunion party" I uttered enthusiastically changing the topic.
He giggled knowing that I won't tell him.

"well yeah I'm coming," he declared.
"are you?" he questioned.

"Duh! How can I miss this reunion" I cheered up.

"Uh... Priyanshi?" he called out my name.
"huh? What's it?" I asked while sitting on the mattress and resting my body on the headboard. "you know they are coming too right?" there was anticipation in his voice which caused my cheered face to change instantly into a cold one.

"yeah... I know" I exclaimed.

"l-look, honestly I don't want to make you upset. I know that you have been through a lot. Saksham and isha-  I know rihaan" I cut his words not wanting to hear him.

"I know you are concerned for me but hey! It's alright... And for your kind information, I am not a 17-year-old dumbbell girl anymore." I said changing my tone to a whining one.

He sighed "I know I know... Anyways, what are you wearing for the reunion"

"Ahn!... I think someone is desperate to know what I am wearing to the party.. Huh? I stated.

He let out some giggles "You didn't change... Not even a bit" I laugh out loud "Yepp... Not even a bit" I utter.