Chapter 13

A/N: I know that I am late, but I have been changing a few things. I changed many previous chapters. (You don't need to reread it all, but chapter 6 has major changes.)

Just when I thought that Gem would leave, looking into the matter more deeply, he just stood there. "Pollux can't even deal with a little star?"

I pursed my lips. There had been many times when Pollux or Tejat ask for Gem's help and his answer then had been the same as now. If they could not even deal with such a small thing, it would be better if they left. But then, I did not know that leave was to leave Earth and go back to space. I had naively thought that he was asking them to leave his company and make them go jobless.

And the part of me that hated the corporate authority made me make Gem help them and not send them away. Whenever I had asked him to not fire anyone, he would smile mysteriously and just say, "Only because you're asking me, Riga."

I had been a fool.

"That little star has Rionach with her," Alhena said. "And Pollux is not sure if he can eavesdrop without getting caught."

Rionach, the same star that Lyra mentioned? Why was she everywhere? From what Lyra told me, she had created a huge mess, right from killing her Soul-Bound to finding a first-generation pulsar for herself. She had captured Luna and now this world was in chaos.

Gem's eyes which had been light and teasing me shifted to something sharp. Tejat squeezed Sahara's hands, but his entire concentration was on Alhena who had taken a step away from Moni.

"Rionach and Hasseleh?" Gem mused, but the smile on his face was not right. It was a dark smirk, as his gaze grew sharper with each passing second. "They went to meet Priscilla?"

Alhena nodded lightly. "Had it been only the two of them, Pollux could handle it by himself, but right now, with Rionach..."

"Where is Castor?" Gem asked. "He is not here in this hospital, is he?"

Alhena gave him a tight smile. "He went to help Pollux."

Gem ran his fingers through his hair. His already tousled hair stuck in various directions and instead of toning down his sharpness, it brought his personality out well. "So, if caught, she can torture them more efficiently than just catching one, right?"

Tejat winced. "They should have thought about it."

"Why?" Sahara asked. "What's wrong in Castor going?"

Tejat squeezed her hand again. "Rionach is a first-generation star. Meaning, no matter how many of us go, she will win. Only another first-generation star can contain her." He paused and looked at Gem. "Only Gem here can stop her. Even if we add numbers, we will fail."

I frowned. "Castor must know that, right?"

Alhena sighed and gave Gem a small smile. "He knows that. He did not go there to add numbers. But rather Pollux saw a very disturbing memory of Salm and Enif. He wanted to share it as soon as possible. Pollux tried to send the memory to you, but for some reason, he could not. But he could send it to Castor. So, Castor's bringing the message to you."

I nodded. The people... the stars under Gem would not be so foolish. Else, Gem would have fired them, regardless of my opinion.

Gem shrugged. "Whatever. Ask Pollux to hear how much ever he can. If he is about to get caught, ask him to leave immediately."

Alhena nodded. "He was afraid you might answer this exact same way."

Gem smirked. "If you for once think I am going to leave Riga alone, in this continent where she knows nothing about, you need to evaluate how much you know about me again. Ask Pollux to come back if he is afraid, but I am not leaving Riga. Even if that Priscilla is starting a war or a coup, I don't care."