Story four

A/N
A little bit gross just a warning...

I had a friend once, they were impossibly kind but they were ambitious. They finally were kind to the wrong person.

The person offered anything they could imagine, posing as a god. My friend was skeptical but chose the "gift" of foretelling. As soon as the god had finished bestowing the wish upon them they were in excruciating pain, an eye began to raise from the flesh of their hand, crying blood as soon as it rose.

I was there and watched as my friend collapsed to the ground and started crying. They had no control over what they saw and had seen with everything all at once. They saw the end of their own life and the end of the world. They saw their parents die, they saw more than any human should've ever had to see. I was angry on their behalf,

"What type of gift is that," I had screamed, "That's not kind,"

The god merely blinked and said "They didn't ask for kindness,"

My friend had curled in on them selves and were holding their hands to their ears. I rush to their side and upon seeing my face they began to wail, clutching to me with enough force to bruise.

They soon reached for the pen that I always kept on my person at the time, and did their best to gouge their eyes out. It was bloody and horrifying the eyes didn't pop out with a satisfying pop they didn't come out cleanly, no there was a horrifying squelch.

I stoped keeping my pen on me after that. The memory's were too grotesque.