Drop The Question

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's just a dumb dare"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What was that?!" Haerin wiggled her eyebrows, wondering what Niki had just whispered to her best friend.

"Nothing, he just asked for help with homework after school" She shrugged, gathering her things before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Sunoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"To help him with his homework..?"

"You said after school though," Haerin pointed out.

"I don't know if I'll have time, so I'll just help him now" Without answering any further questions, Nari raced out of the cafeteria.

...

"Oh shit" Niki thought as he paced around the school's rooftop, "What am I doing?"

"Niki?" He soon heard her call his name.

"Nana, you came!" He smiled.

"Of course I did. But why am I here?" She took her backpack off and set it on the ground near Riki's.

"Uhm.." He looked around, unable to find the right words.

"I wanted to ask you something..?" He finally looked at the expectant girl, still unsure of what he wanted to say.

"What is it?" She tilted her head to the side.

'Cute'

"So you like carnivals, right?" He was finally able to spit something out.

"Oh my god I love them so much" She smiled, vaguely remembering the ones they went to together back in Japan.

"Well...The school's doing one for Valentine's day this year. Do you wanna go?" He looked at her, praying she would say yes.